Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris 3510FC connected to Solaris10 -- v240 Post 302590830 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 05:30:00 PM
Old 01-17-2012
are you sure the storage+expansion is cabled correctly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

V240 EPROM reset

Hello all, Does anyone know how to reset the ALOM password for Sun fire V240 or the OBP password? I was given a V240 without any password or hard drive. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart Sunfire V240

Hi, I trying to jumpstart SunFire V240 Solaris 10, 2006_01. All the jumpstart files on jumpstart install and boot server are ok (tested on another machine Sun Ultra 10). But this system comes out with: "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable." after "boot net - install" and setting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jump
0 Replies

3. Solaris

sun v240 performance

Hi, we are having one sun v240 server, now this server is performing very slow, checked using top, iostat and vmstat commands, output is looking normal, but the performance is very slow and generating more traffic in network, how can we resolve this. Regards RJS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

4. Hardware

Need Help connecting to sunfire v240

I recently acquired a sunfire v240 and I'm trying to get into it so I can install linux on it. Right now I'm still trying to get a monitor connected so I can do this. I've tried connecting to it with a crossover cable to my laptop (vista and linux equipped). I was able to get a connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuadRunner750
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Alom Sun V240

hallo anybody know how to set alom mail alerty server with yahoomail ? thank u?where i can find mail server address for yahoomail?thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

6. Solaris

XIR failed at SF V240

Dear All, I have problem with SF V240 with solaris 10. This server always booting with error message like this What's problem with my server? Best Regards Wisnu:) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
10 Replies

7. Solaris

v240 -- wrong date

after shutting down the server and the ILOM/ALOM, its date seems to go back to 1977..rather than current date.. problem with battery on ILOM/ALOM ??:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun V240 Raid Question

Hi All, I'm new to this site. I have a few question since I'm in the process how to to repair my raid on Sun V240 Server. 1. How can we create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 2. What utility can help people create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 3. Do we need any special software to create the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angkor
12 Replies

9. Solaris

breaking into a v240's alom

had a v240 pre-configured and running the OS and alom, for about 3 months good, no issues. All of sudden, I can't see the IP address of the OS and the alom.. There is nothing wrong with thet network... I suspect the ALOM crashed and/or something bad happened to it.. Is there anyway... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
3 Replies

10. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies
gfs_grow(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       gfs_grow(8)

NAME
gfs_grow - Expand a GFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
gfs_grow [OPTION]... <DEVICE|MOINTPOINT>... DESCRIPTION
gfs_grow is used to expand a GFS filesystem after the device upon which the filesystem resides has also been expanded. By running gfs_grow on a GFS filesystem, you are requesting that any spare space between the current end of the filesystem and the end of the device is filled with a newly initialized GFS filesystem extension. When this operation is complete, the resource index for the filesystem is updated so that all nodes in the cluster can use the extra storage space which has been added. You may only run gfs_grow on a mounted filesystem; expansion of unmounted filesystems is not supported. You only need to run gfs_grow on one node in the cluster. All the other nodes will see the expansion has occurred and automatically start to use the newly available space. You must be superuser to execute gfs_grow. The gfs_grow tool tries to prevent you from corrupting your filesystem by checking as many of the likely problems as it can. When expanding a filesystem, only the last step of updating the resource index affects the currently mounted filesystem and so failure part way through the expansion process should leave your filesystem in its original unexpanded state. You can run gfs_grow with the -Tv flags to get a display of the current state of a mounted GFS filesystem. This can be useful to do after the expansion process to see if the changes have been successful. gfs_grow will consume all the remaining space in a device and add it to the filesystem. If you want to add journals too, you need to add the journals first using gfs_jadd. OPTIONS
-h Prints out a short usage message and exits. -q Quiet. Turns down the verbosity level. -T Test. Do all calculations, but do not write any data to the disk and do not expand the filesystem. This is used to discover what the tool would have done were it run without this flag. You probably want to turn the verbosity level up in order to gain most informa- tion from this option. -V Version. Print out version information, then exit. -v Verbose. Turn up verbosity of messages. SEE ALSO
mkfs.gfs(8) gfs_jadd(8) gfs_grow(8)