Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how do I infinite loop (reconnect) to auto disconnect telnet server Post 302590759 by methyl on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 11:52:14 AM
Old 01-17-2012
Worth building in a way of stopping the process.
To stop the process, delete /var/tmp/stopme

Code:
touch /var/tmp/stopme
while [ -f /var/tmp/stopme ]
do
        telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
done

This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pick the bug the server enters an infinite loop

here is the server and client side code now there is a bug after which the server enters an infinite loop.the server is designed as an echo server and if it reads /q then the server closes while the client can send messages till /q now after the frst msg when another msg is send infinite loop is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite loop not looping

Hi guys, I'm having a problem getting my infinite loop to loop. It simply reads in the users choice form the menu, executes the corresponding case statement and quits instead of looping back to the main menu again. I have a feeling it might be something with my if then statements within the case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hootdocta5
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite while loop

what is the difference between while:,while true and while false? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procmail and infinite loop

I wanted to copy (not forward but copy) all incoming email to another address of mine. It worked, but now I encountered an infinite loop problem: When the second address doesn't like the content and bounces the message back, the bounce message will be sent back and forth. So, what I have in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: distill
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a infinite loop

Hi All, I need to run an infinite loop. requirement below: function1 --> creates a file file1 function2 ---> need to call if the file creates i am running these both function via a script --> script.sh i need to run the function1 first and if the file file1 creates then need to run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server?

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My for loop decides to become an infinite loop?

Hi, I was debating if I should put this in the dummies or scripts section, I apologize in advance if I chose poorly. Fairly new to Unix and BASH scripting but I thought I made it fairly well given my limited understanding. However, the output indicates that it's looping and I'm ending up with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotreef
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to disconnect telnet prompt with port no in script.

Hi Gurus, I am trying to write a script for checking the status of linux servers by connecting via telnet with port no but to terminate i have to manually type "quit" .how can i terminate the telnet session in script itself.For E.g ========================================= telnet ipaddress... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
3 Replies
inetconv(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              inetconv(1M)

NAME
inetconv - convert inetd.conf entries into smf service manifests, import them into smf repository SYNOPSIS
inetconv -? inetconv [-f] [-n] [-i srcfile] [-o destdir] inetconv -e [-n] [-i srcfile] DESCRIPTION
The inetconv utility converts a file containing records of inetd.conf(4) into smf(5) service manifests, and then import those manifests into the smf repository. Once the inetd.conf file has been converted, the only way to change aspects of an inet service is to use the inetadm(1M) utility. There is a one-to-one correspondence between a service line in the input file and the manifest generated. By default, the manifests are named using the following template: <svcname>-<proto>.xml The <svcname> token is replaced by the service's name and the <proto> token by the service's protocol. Any slash (/) characters that exist in the source line for the service name or protocol are replaced with underscores (_). The service line is recorded as a property of the converted service. During the conversion process, if a service line is found to be malformed or to be for an internal inetd service, no manifest is generated and that service line is skipped. The input file is left untouched by the conversion process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -? Display a usage message. -e Enable smf services which are listed in the input file. -f If a service manifest of the same name as the one to be generated is found in the destination directory, inetconv will overwrite that manifest if this option is specified. Otherwise, an error message is generated and the conversion of that service is not performed. -i srcfile Permits the specification of an alternate input file srcfile. If this option is not specified, then the inetd.conf(4) file is used as input. -n Turns off the auto-import of the manifests generated during the conversion process. Later, if you want to import a generated manifest into the smf(5) repository, you can do so through the use of the svccfg(1M) utility. If the -e option is specified, the -n option only displays the smf services that would be enabled. -o Permits the specification of an alternate destination directory destdir for the generated manifests. If this option is not specified, then the manifests are placed in /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc, if the service is a RPC service, or /var/svc/manifest/network other- wise. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating smf Manifests from inetd.conf The following command generates smf(5) manifests from inetd.conf(4) and places them in /var/tmp, overwriting any preexisting manifests of the same name, and then imports them into the smf repository. # inetconv -f -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml Importing 100232_10-rpc_udp.xml ...Done telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml Importing telnet-tcp6.xml ...Done Example 2: Generating Manifests from an Alternate Input File The following command specifies a different input file and does not load the resulting manifests into the smf repository. # inetconv -n -i /export/test/inet.svcs -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Operation completed successfully (no errors). 1 Invalid options specified. 2 One or more service lines are malformed, and thus no manifest(s) were generated for them. 3 An error occurred importing one or more of the generated manifests. 4 A system error occurred. FILES
/var/svc/manifest/network/{rpc}/<svcname>-<proto>.xml default output manifest file name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svccfg(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Oct 2004 inetconv(1M)