Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Increase Font size for text to type in CYGWIN Post 302590715 by venkatareddy on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 08:10:58 AM
Old 01-17-2012
Hi,
right click on the top of cygwin terminal ->options ->text under Font click on
select and set whatever size u want

thanks,
venkat
This User Gave Thanks to venkatareddy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to modify font size and type from script

I need to print different lines in different font types and sizes to the terminal window from csh script. I can easily change font color and print characters in bold or underline, but cannot figure out a way to change font. Any help is greatly appreciated.:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helido
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin <--> CMD App Problem (Terminal Type?)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it is. We have a nightly process that runs on an HP-UX box to stop our application and backend database servers, unmount their SAN hosted file systems, and then snapshot the SAN LUNs for backup and refresh of data on "report" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

7. Solaris

True Type Font in Solaris

Hello, It is not related to scripting or unix command but it is related to Solaris environment setup. I'm a web developer, in my web application (J2EE using WebLogic 8.1) currently it's running in Windows. We are planning to have Disaster Server in Solaris host. In my application, we are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase Font size

Hi friends I want increase font size in linux can anybody help me plese Example:this is my in put Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 18G 2.5G 14G 15% / /dev/sda2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuibm
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Font(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Graphics::Primitive::Font(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Font - Text styling DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Font represents the various options that are available when rendering text. The options here may or may not have an effect on your rendering. They represent a cross-section of the features provided by various drivers. Setting them should not break anything, but may not have an effect if the driver doesn't understand the option. SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Font; my $font = Graphics::Primitive::Font->new({ family => 'Arial', size => 12, slant => 'normal' }); METHODS
Constructor Attributes antialias_modes Set the antialiasing mode for this font. Possible values are default, none, gray and subpixel. family Set this font's family. hint_metrics Controls whether to hint font metrics. Hinting means quantizing them so that they are integer values in device space. This improves the consistency of letter and line spacing, however it also means that text will be laid out differently at different zoom factors. May not be supported by all drivers. hint_style Set the the type of hinting to do on font outlines. Hinting is the process of fitting outlines to the pixel grid in order to improve the appearance of the result. Since hinting outlines involves distorting them, it also reduces the faithfulness to the original outline shapes. Not all of the outline hinting styles are supported by all drivers. Options are default, none, slight, medium and full. size Set/Get the size of this font. slant Set/Get the slant of this font. Valid values are normal, italic and oblique. subpixel_order Set the order of color elements within each pixel on the display device when rendering with subpixel antialiasing. Value values are default, rgb, bgr, vrgb and vbgr. variant Set/Get the variant of this font. Valid values are normal or small-caps. weight Set/Get the weight of this font. Value valies are normal and bold. METHODS
new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Font. derive Clone this font but change one or more of it's attributes by passing in a hashref of options: my $new = $font->derive({ attr => $newvalue }); The returned font will be identical to the cloned one, save the attributes specified. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Font(3pm)