Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with organizing some non regular text Post 302590586 by lewisdenny on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 12:09:22 AM
Old 01-17-2012
Thanks

Thanks heaps mandose exactly what i needed Smilie your a freaking pro!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing a log

I have a bunch of log files generated from a shell script, its all of my facebook friends and if theyre logged in. Each file is a different person. It runs every 5 minutes. The log file is just the date and time, then 1 if theyre logged in or 0 if theyre not. part of one of the files is: Mon Aug... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer54291
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Windows Metacharacters to Regular Text

Hi, all. I have a need to take a flat file FTP'd from Windows to Unix and convert it for loading into a MySQL database without manual intervention. However, some characters are "fancified" (e.g. the fancy Beginning and End double-quotes from Windows) that show up as codes using vi. I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdelic
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing Files

Hi, I'm fairly new at scripting. I need to write a script that takes files from a source directory puts them in a target directory and sorts them by artist name. This is what I have so far #!/bin/bash source_dir='/home/tcindy/songs' target_dir='/home/tcindy/music' for path in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcindy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing log

Hello, Following are the log of my sms application COMMAND: #tail -30 /var/log/smsd.log | grep Message_id | awk '{print $1,$2,$9}' OUTPUT: 2011-02-21 12:16:20,5, 03218975857, 2011-02-21 12:16:26,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:53,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:59,5,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telnor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the matched text when using regular expression.

Hello: (exp) : match "exp",the matched text is stored in auto named arrays. How can I get the matched text ? What is the name of the auto named arrays on linux shell ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
4 Replies

7. Programming

Organizing C++ Code

I have three directories CspInterp, FpnInterp and LinInterp. Each directory contains 4 .h and .ccp files describing 4 classes each CspInterp class CspFsInterp1d : public FsInterp1d class CspVsInterp1d : public VsInterp1d class CspFsInterp2d : public FsInterp2d class CspVsInterp2d : public... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Regular expression (regex) clean up text

Hi, Server - MEDIAWIKI - MYSQL - CENTOS 5 - PHP5 I have a database import of close to a million pages into my wiki, mediawiki site, the format that were left with is not pretty, and I need to find a way to clean this up and present it nicely... I think regex is the best option as I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in organizing the data in UNIX

I have an output file in the form Hostname Value1=abc Value2=def Value3=xyz Hostname1 Value1=abc1 Value2=def1 Value3=xyz1 Hostname2 Value1=abc2 Value2=def2 Value3=xyz2 | | | And so on….. I need to export this output into csv so then it should be in format (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)