Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin Post 302590565 by Validatorian on Monday 16th of January 2012 06:17:11 PM
Old 01-16-2012
opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this:

Code:
cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e[1;31;43m$&\e[0m/g'

I know I can start a new instance using either of these:
Code:
mintty -e ...
cygstart tail ...

But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do color-coding for keywords.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags please, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 01-16-2012 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about cygwin

hi everyone. i have a problem on installing binary file in my cygwin. could anyone help me wat command should i use to install it ? thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wins1982
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

5. Linux

cygwin

I'm trying to run the make command in cygwin. The directory is d:\resiprocate-1.2.3\resip\dum\test. But the command outputs: cant open perl script "c:\Program": No such file or directory why??...check the attached JPEG file....plz help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_well
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin - sh-3.2$ help!

i am completely new to unix and am trying to learn with cygwin. my problem is simple.... when i use the 'man' command, eg 'man cat' id do not know how to get out of the manual!!!? if i type '!' and Return, rather than having just the $ prompt, it has 'sh-3.2$' as a command prompt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby999
1 Replies

7. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(User Contributed Perl Documentlibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::porting -- a helper module for mod_perl 1.0 to mod_perl 2.0 porting Synopsis # either add at the very beginning of startup.pl use Apache2::porting; # or httpd.conf PerlModule Apache2::porting # now issue requests and look at the error_log file for hints Description "Apache2::porting" helps to port mod_perl 1.0 code to run under mod_perl 2.0. It doesn't provide any back-compatibility functionality, however it knows to trap methods calls that are no longer in the mod_perl 2.0 API and tell what should be used instead if at all. If you attempts to use mod_perl 2.0 methods without first loading the modules that contain them, it will tell you which modules you need to load. Finally if your code tries to load modules that no longer exist in mod_perl 2.0 it'll also tell you what are the modules that should be used instead. "Apache2::porting" communicates with users via the error_log file. Everytime it traps a problem, it logs the solution (if it finds one) to the error log file. If you use this module coupled with "Apache2::Reload" you will be able to port your applications quickly without needing to restart the server on every modification. It starts to work only when child process start and doesn't work for the code that gets loaded at the server startup. This limitation is explained in the Culprits section. It relies heavily on "ModPerl::MethodLookup". which can also be used manually to lookup things. Culprits "Apache2::porting" uses the "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" function to provide its functionality. However it seems to be impossible to create "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" at the server startup, Apache segfaults on restart. Therefore it performs the setting of "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" only during the child_init phase, when child processes start. As a result it can't help you with things that get preloaded at the server startup. If you know how to resolve this problem, please let us know. To reproduce the problem try to use an earlier phase, e.g. "PerlPostConfigHandler": Apache2::ServerUtil->server->push_handlers(PerlPostConfigHandler => &porting_autoload); META: Though there is a better solution at work, which assigns AUTOLOAD for each class separately, instead of using UNIVERSAL. See the discussion on the dev list (hint: search the archive for EazyLife) See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)