Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers is there a command to see when the last time a user has been online if they arent? Post 302590488 by subway69 on Monday 16th of January 2012 11:55:36 AM
Old 01-16-2012
is there a command to see when the last time a user has been online if they arent?

When I use who it shows who is online and from what time they logged in but is there a way I can see the last time someone was logged on if they aren't online? Is it with the who command?
thx

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

checking the heartbeat of the online user

hello, Can anyone please tell me how can i check the availability of the online user in a client-server environtment. This is for a program where lakhs of client are connected to the server and the server has to check the availability of the every client in every minute. So polling every client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Online user list script

I decided to delete the first post since it was againt the forum rules (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrologist
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

time duration of being online of a particular user given the user name

in a multi user system of 3 users X,Y,Z, if i know that X is presently online, is it possible to determine for how long has he been online? i mean the time duration (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies
RUSERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RUSERS(1)

NAME
rusers -- who is logged in to machines on local network SYNOPSIS
rusers [-al] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who, but for the list of hosts or all machines on the local network. For each host responding to the rusers query, the hostname with the names of the users currently logged on is printed on each line. The rusers command will wait for one minute to catch late responders. The following options are available: -a Print all machines responding even if no one is currently logged in. -l Print a long format listing. This includes the user name, host name, tty that the user is logged in to, the date and time the user logged in, the amount of time since the user typed on the keyboard, and the remote host they logged in from (if applicable). DIAGNOSTICS
rusers: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see portmap(8) ), and cannot accomodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rwho(1) users(1), who(1), portmap(8), rpc.rusersd(8) HISTORY
The rusers command appeared in SunOS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)