Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help showing which network protocol users use. Post 302590455 by ahmedamer12 on Monday 16th of January 2012 09:29:35 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Lets suppose you want to find out who used a speicif tcp/ip protocol like ftp:

then invoke/run the following command:

#who /var/adm/wtmp |grep ftp

by this u will know who used/uses ftp and so on!

PS:I am using AIX 6.1 now.

Regards
Ahmed Amer
Cairo,Egypt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

RH 9 and Network Time Protocol

I have a small program written in C using winsock v1, that uses a unix host to get the time. I have two machines networked, one windows, the other red hat 9. The windows machine will request the time off the RH one. How can I configure red hat to reply to the time request, i.e act as an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaredGalen
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

change network time protocol

by default, a mac syncs its time and date with time.apple.com (located system prefs->Date&Time). Is there a way in unix to change it to another address? my attempts to use ntpdate and ntpd have failed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing offline users

Hi, Is there any command for showing offline users? The only way I can think of doing it (as i cant find a command) is getting a list of all the online users, and comparing it to /etc/passwd, anything that is in /etc/passwd and not in the users file will be offline users. But I have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for showing last users

Hi! I'm new in scripting and I need some help with one simple script. I have to write a program that shows in a predetermined period (using "last" command), to draw up a list of users who have used the machine during this period. Each user to indicate how many sessions it has been during this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vassu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want know about network protocol testing

Hi guys, i want to know about network protocol testing. 1. What is network protocol testing? 2. Whats the role of network protocol tester? 3. Is there good future scope in network protocol testing field? 4. Just give me a example of protocol testing. 5. How it relates to perl or unix? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network interface showing wrong configuratoin

on both of my T2000 I am seeing same values of 100Mbps for e1000g0 ethernet port. i know all four ethernet ports on T2000 are gigabit ports so why is my first link showing as 100Mbps and how can i correct it? # dladm show-dev e1000g0 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
1 Replies
RUSERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RUSERS(1)

NAME
rusers -- who is logged in to machines on local network SYNOPSIS
rusers [-al] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who, but for the list of hosts or all machines on the local network. For each host responding to the rusers query, the hostname with the names of the users currently logged on is printed on each line. The rusers command will wait for one minute to catch late responders. The following options are available: -a Print all machines responding even if no one is currently logged in. -l Print a long format listing. This includes the user name, host name, tty that the user is logged in to, the date and time the user logged in, the amount of time since the user typed on the keyboard, and the remote host they logged in from (if applicable). DIAGNOSTICS
rusers: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see portmap(8) ), and cannot accomodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rwho(1) users(1), who(1), portmap(8), rpc.rusersd(8) HISTORY
The rusers command appeared in SunOS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)