Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build Error
Top Forums Programming Build Error Post 302590437 by rupeshkp728 on Monday 16th of January 2012 07:52:18 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Build Error

I am facing a problem while building the device driver code.

I am using suse linux "2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop" on my Laptop.
I have copied a folder containing self written device driver files from Mandriva linux to my system having Suse Linux.
I copied the entire folder in "/home/netuser/sun/". This folder was building properly in Mandriva.

Now when I give a make command it fails as:
linux-8qbp:/home/netuser/Rupesh_KP/Emertxe/CourseTemplates/CharDriver # make
make: *** No targets. Stop.

Will you pls through some light as to what might be the issue and how to resolve it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How can I build gcc (gettng 'cc' error)?

Hi I have installed Suse Linux 9.3 desktop on my computer. I found out I need to install 'gcc', and I was able to download the source code. I then tried to follow some instructions from WEB search to compile and build gcc, and I am getting the following error: --- linux:/gcc/gcc-2.95.3 #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pat_and_cami
1 Replies

2. Solaris

build error

dears i working in solaris and when i type make for report it gives me the error kindly can you help me what is the reason -bash-3.00$ make BPSEXT130 make: Warning: File `BPSEXT130.rc' has modification time 12 s in the future make BPSEXT130.c make: Entering directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
3 Replies

3. SCO

Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All, While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error: UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME" UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
9 Replies

4. AIX

Error thrown while trying to build in AIX 5.2

Hi All, Currently my project source code is compatible with HP-UX11.0 and Sun Solaris5.8. I m trying to build the source code in AIX 5.2 using gcc 4.2.2 compiler. Can anyone suggest me after seeing the rules file, what options do i need to specify to get rid of the cb error I m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopatra789
0 Replies

5. Programming

kdevelop build project error

Hi, I am starting to learn how to use KDevelop. I have a console program with .cc, .h and Makefile. To work it in KDevelop, I firstly create a C++ Simple Hello World program, remove the single existing target in the project and also the auto-created main.cpp. Then I copy my .cc and .h files into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flylehe
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error with ANT build for red5

I installed java at usr/local/jdk directory. My Java Version is 1.6.0_05. I have installed apache ant version 1.8.1 in folder opt/ant successfully. And later on I have installed RED 5.0.9 final version at /opt/ant directory. But I am getting error while building ant at RED5 , I got following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Error at ndiswrapper build

Today I tried to generate ndis Solaris driver. Problem is when I try to compile ndiswapper following instructions on opensolaris site. ndis wrapper (Community Group laptop.ndis) - XWiki My version of Solaris $ uname -a SunOS pc001 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)