Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in calling path file from Perl script. Post 302590409 by xtatic on Monday 16th of January 2012 05:32:55 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashxx
Reverse logic:
Code:
# export MY_VAR="test_var"

Code:
#cat test.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Env;
print "VAR:".$ENV{MY_VAR}."\n";

Code:
# test.pl                 
VAR:test_var

Hey Klashxx...I fully agree with the concept that you have used here but i need to call an already existing file that exports these path variables. I just need to call that file.

I need help with calling this file path.xyz_pqr with variables getting exported in it.
Replies are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in function calling in a script

:confused:Hi , I have a script as shown below: rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2 $3"=" $4}' file.txt } xx = rpttxt "COL_HEAD_1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","'"$xx"'")}' rpttxt() is a function..I want to store the final result of this function in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a php file from perl script..

Hi am new to perl script .. i need some useful tutorials links to learn perl script.. and a sample script to call a php file from perl script.. thanks.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script present on another server using perl script.

Hi, I am working on a sever A. I want to write a perl script to execute a shell script persent on the server B. please help me in this. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for Calling a function and writing all its contents to a file

I have a function which does awk proceessing sub mergeDescription { system (q@awk -F'~' ' NR == FNR { A = $1 B = $2 C = $0 next } { n = split ( C, V, "~" ) if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
3 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Env(3pm)