Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep command showing wrong output in Linux Post 302590391 by vee_789 on Monday 16th of January 2012 04:29:19 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Grep command showing wrong output in Linux

Hi All
I am trying to run a script in linux wherein i have a command like this
Code:
grep ^prmAttunityUser= djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp
djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp is a temporary file in which the user value is stored but this command in the script returns me balnk value whereas it has a value.

Not understanding why is this command in the scipt returning a blank value. Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

word count showing wrong number of lines

Hi , I am using SUN OS Version 5.6. I have a file that contains records of length 270. when I do 'set nu' in vi editor, I get the count as 86. whereas when I do "wc -l" on the command prompt, it shows the count as only 85. this is very strange. why would the 'wc' show 1 record less. The job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tselvanin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort command giving wrong output

Hi all, I have a problem with sort command. i have a file which looks like this: "file1 1073 java/4 1073 java/180 1073 java/170 1073 java/176 1073 java/167 1073 java/40 1073 java/33 1073 java/136 28988 java/76 28988 java/73 28988 java/48 28988 java/26" and i want to sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep only a string on command output

How can I grep exactly a string that has .,/ characters using grep? Example: I want to grep ONLY string1 and not string1.more or string1.more.evenmore #lsauth ALL|grep 'string1' All output: string1 <--- This is the only I want. string1.more string1.evenmore. more.string1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Network interface showing wrong configuratoin

on both of my T2000 I am seeing same values of 100Mbps for e1000g0 ethernet port. i know all four ethernet ports on T2000 are gigabit ports so why is my first link showing as 100Mbps and how can i correct it? # dladm show-dev e1000g0 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time field showing Zero in ps command output

F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME COMD 401 S catmgr 5748 5742 0 154 20 e0000006d48cd080 133 e0000003fb6e7200 11:22:32 ? 0:00 /opt/ssh/libexec/sftp-server 3401 R catmgr 5742 5631 0 152 20 e0000005f974fa00 750 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command showing no output!

Hi Folks, I have a situation here, where no command is giving any output, and it's not even showing any error message also. What could be the reason? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)