Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working. Post 302590293 by ghurty on Sunday 15th of January 2012 02:11:28 PM
Old 01-15-2012
Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working.

I am trying to add some code to the begging of a script so that it will remove all the .transcript files, when their is no coressponding .wav file. But it doesnt work.
This is the code I have added:
PHP Code:
for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do
wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.' -f1`.wav

# If the transcript file exists but the wav file does not, remove the transcript.
if [[ -f $transcriptfile && ! -f $wavfile ]]; then
rm 
-f $transcriptfile
fi
done 
Here is the entire script:

PHP Code:
!/bin/sh

voicemaildir
=/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/$1/$2/INBOX/

echo `
date':' $voicemaildir >> /var/log/voicemail-notify.log

for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do
wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.' -f1`.wav

# If the transcript file exists but the wav file does not, remove the transcript.
if [[ -f $transcriptfile && ! -f $wavfile ]]; then
rm 
-f $transcriptfile
fi
done

for audiofile in $voicemaildir/*.wav; do
   transcriptfile=${audiofile/wav/transcript}
   flacfile=${audiofile%.wav}.flac
   # For each message.wav we check if message.transcript
   # exists
   if [ ! -f $transcriptfile ]; then
      # If not, we create it
      flac --best --sample-rate=8000 "$audiofile" -o "$flacfile"
      speech-recog-cli.pl $flacfile  | head -2 | tail -1 | cut -f 2 -d ":"  > $transcriptfile

# Now we can do whatever we want with the new transcription
      echo `cat $transcriptfile`

fi
done 
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why passwd isnt working in shell scripts?

I had to write a script to change my login password, and the script wasnt working fine. When I searched through the previous postings in this forum, I got the solution (using 'expect' tool). But I would like to know why passwd command isnt working in scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deepa
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

trying to use arp command... it doesnt exist

im trying to get an ARP readout using the command 'arp -a'... but the command doesnt exist in Fedora Core 6 - IPv6.... is there an equivalent command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

why isnt cron working?

I am using Ubuntu linux desktop, and I am trying to schedule a sheel script to run every 10minutes. These are the steps I have taken: crontab -e added and saved this line to the file # m h dom mon dow command */1 * * * * /home/enzo/Desktop/dlrecentuse restarted cron: sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If doc file exist remove

I need help running a script. I have the script looking into a folder and converting .doc files to .odt. The script works fine except that I want it to only run when .doc files are present. If I can do this then I can put .xls files and .ppt files in the folder and convert them when they are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handband2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and if it doesnt exist , exit script

Hi, Another problem, here is my code #!/bin/sh dir='/opt/apps/script/CSV' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' while : ; do ls -1rt $dir/*.csv > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then cp $datadir/weekly.txt $dir/weekly.csv else exit 0 fi done (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cleanup job to remove old files suddenly not working

Hi I have a job that has been running for a while with the following statement to cleanup a directory: find /dbmgtu01/app/myplace/log ! \( -name "dc*" -o -name "sc*" -o -name "ms*" \) -type f -mtime +30 -print -exec rm {} \ ; The directory was recently changed to a mount point, with a symbolic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a user that doesnt exist from a group

Hi there, normally if I want to remove a user tht I have added to a specific group, i would do the following this is what my group2 looks like # grep group2 /etc/group group2:x:7777:user2,user1,user4 user1 has been defined in a few groups # id -nG user1 group1 group2 group3 So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from one file that exist in another file

Hello Everyone, I'm currently have a requirement where I've generated a list of files with specific attributes and I need to know what lines are similar between the two files. For example: -File 1- line1 line2 line3 -File 2- line1 line2 line4 line5 -Desires Output- line1 line2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnivir
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist for multiple files

Hi, I am unable to achieve the file exist conditions if there are multiple files same similar name for e.g. in a $Direct i am having files like aus.txt aus.txt_pr aus.txt_2012 i need to put a file exist condition like which is not working then echo "File present" but the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -w ip address from a file isnt working need help

I have a file "file1" that contains several ip address , and the "file2" contains several records , each line in file2 contains somewhere the ip address that i am searching in the file1 I use the unix command grep -w for i in `cat file1` do grep -w "$i" file2 >> file3 done ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
9 Replies