Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing of variable values to remote server Post 302590243 by frappa on Sunday 15th of January 2012 04:42:06 AM
Old 01-15-2012
hi,
google for "ftp here file" and maybe you'll find examples for what you're looking to accomplish (automating ftp sessions)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable values to awk command

Hi, I have a situation where I have to specify a different value to an awk command, I beleive i have the gist of this done, however I am not able to get this correct. Here is what I have so far echo $id 065859555 This value occurs in a "pipe" delimited file in postition 8. Hence I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the variable value to remote server.

Dear All, Can anybody explain me how to pass the variable value to command argument which will execute in remote machine. example.. test="test-123.dbf" how can i pass this value to command ls -l for remote machine? I tried to do like this way ssh root@remote 'ls -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
2 Replies

3. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Values to remote server

I'm trying to pass there values from the present server to the remote server. here is the below code. function abc() { export a=$1 export b=$2 export c="$3" export d="$4" #servers Servers=$(echo server40{1..3}p.s.com) for host in ${Servers}; do #server login ssh $host... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a variable in remote server

Can anyone help how to create a variable in remote server using shell script. i am connecting to remote server through ssh and creating a variable and assigning the value, but nothing is displayed when i run the script Here is my script ssh hostname <<EOF a=10 echo $a EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul12341984
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values from awk to shell variable

I am writing a script where I need awk to test if two columns are the same and shell to do something if they are or are not. Here is the code I'm working with: @ test = 0 ... test = `awk '{if($1!=$2) print 1; else print 0}' time_test.tmp` #time_test.tmp holds two values separated by a space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple column values to UNIX variable

sqlplus -s $USER_ID@$SID/$PWD<<EOF>sql_1.txt set feedback off set heading off select 114032 as c_1 from dual ; EOF for i in `cat sql_1.txt` do sh script_1.sh $i Currently i am passing one column value to the single unix variable. How can i pass the values from 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from remote file over ssh passing variable

I have a variable called $a1 which maps to something like "http://servername proxy1 count http" and a lots of entries in a file on remote server. If I have the following in my .sh script: sed -i "\%$a1%d" mylog.txtthe line is deleted from mylog.txt. Great. I'm trying now to remvoe this from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
3 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - file transfer client for *NIX based machines. SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] server [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It currently has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x graphical interface. It cur- rently supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols. OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage. --info Display some information about how gFTP was built. Please send the output of this command when submitting a bug report. --version, -v Display the current version of gFTP. proto This specifies the protocol that should be used. It can currently be one of the following options: ftp, ftps, http, https, ssh, fsp, local and bookmark. If omitted, the protocol specified by the default_protocol option will be used. user The username that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, your current username will be used for most protocols. For the FTP protocol, the anonymous username will be used. pass The password that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, you will be prompted for the password. If you are using the FTP protocol, and the username is anonymous, then your email address will be used as the password. server The remote server to connect to. port The remote port on the server to connect to. If omitted, the default port for the protocol will be used. The port will be looked up in the services(5) file. directory The directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. Most of these options can be edited inside gFTP. This file is also commented very well. ~/.gftp/book- marks Per user bookmarks file. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them to GNOME's Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ MARCH 2007 GFTP(1)