Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NTP configuration issue..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NTP configuration issue.. Post 302589961 by dyavuzy1 on Friday 13th of January 2012 08:33:36 AM
Old 01-13-2012
ntpd demon is not running on the client.. i checked it with "ps -ef "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ntp configuration

Hi all, I'm sure this question was asked before but I couldn't find what I was looking for in the 2 threads I found on here. Here's my question/problem: I have an isolated (no connection to outside world at all) Unix network. I want to have time sync between my other non-PC based system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariobernier
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Configuration issue do help

Hi All, Im trying to install/configure Solaris on HP Blades and has run into a problem concerning IP Filters. not able to install the IP Filters. Could any on tell me where do i get help on installation of IP Filters, Thanks - Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ntp server configuration

hi Please give me the configuration steps for NTP server. How do i sync other servers with this NTP server thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ntp client configuration error

hi all ntp client side configuration file is done but in # ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== ntpserver .INIT. 16 u - 64 0 0.00 0.000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

NTP Configuration file

Hi, Could you please explain about "restrict" parameters in /etc/ntp.conf in ntp client and ntp Servers. Example: restrict 127.0.0.1 restrict -6 ::1 restrict 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify notrap Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NTP Server issue

Hi team, I was like try to create an NTP time server under my RHEL6 box, but once I try to sync other Windows clients (and some Linux) I alway get an error with syncing with my NTP server, here is my non-hashed ntp.conf file parameters: driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift restrict 192.168.238.0... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
14 Replies

8. Red Hat

Ntp client sync with local over ntp server

Hi, I have two ntp servers in my cluster and I want all the nodes in my cluster to sync with either of the ntp servers or just one. Unfortunately it keep rotating the sync, between my ntp server 1, ntp server 2 and local. Is there anyway I can change the sync to avoid local? # ntpq -p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ntp issue redhat 5.11

HI Admin, We are facing a weird issue with NTP. A physical server RHEL 5.11 is migrated as P2V. NTP was running & clocks are in sync on source server before migration. After the SVMotion, On the target Linux guest, the ntpd is not able to sync with any of the clocks except local. Forcefully... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP time issue with md5 authentication.

Hi All Appreciate your help. Here is the scenario: 1. Five months back we configured md5 authentication with network devices and NTP server and it worked fine. 2.Last week all of a sudden the network devices are out of sync. 3.We changed the md5 key and it started working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iqtan
0 Replies
TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)						  timesyncd.conf						 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)

NAME
timesyncd.conf, timesyncd.conf.d - Network Time Synchronization configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /run/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /usr/lib/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
These configuration files control NTP network time synchronization. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
The default configuration is defined during compilation, so a configuration file is only needed when it is necessary to deviate from those defaults. By default, the configuration file in /etc/systemd/ contains commented out entries showing the defaults as a guide to the administrator. This file can be edited to create local overrides. When packages need to customize the configuration, they can install configuration snippets in /usr/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. The main configuration file is read before any of the configuration directories, and has the lowest precedence; entries in a file in any configuration directory override entries in the single configuration file. Files in the *.conf.d/ configuration subdirectories are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the subdirectories they reside in. When multiple files specify the same option, for options which accept just a single value, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name takes precedence. For options which accept a list of values, entries are collected as they occur in files sorted lexicographically. It is recommended to prefix all filenames in those subdirectories with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. To disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. OPTIONS
The following settings are configured in the "[Time]" section: NTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses. During runtime this list is combined with any per-interface NTP servers acquired from systemd-networkd.service(8). systemd-timesyncd will contact all configured system or per-interface servers in turn until one is found that responds. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. This setting defaults to an empty list. FallbackNTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses to be used as the fallback NTP servers. Any per-interface NTP servers obtained from systemd-networkd.service(8) take precedence over this setting, as do any servers set via NTP= above. This setting is hence only used if no other NTP server information is known. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. If this option is not given, a compiled-in list of NTP servers is used instead. RootDistanceMaxSec= Maximum acceptable root distance. Takes a time value (in seconds). Defaults to 5 seconds. PollIntervalMinSec=, PollIntervalMaxSec= The minimum and maximum poll intervals for NTP messages. Each setting takes a time value (in seconds). PollIntervalMinSec= must not be smaller than 16 seconds. PollIntervalMaxSec= must be larger than PollIntervalMinSec=. PollIntervalMinSec= defaults to 32 seconds, and PollIntervalMaxSec= defaults to 2048 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-timesyncd.service(8), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)