Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Traffic Monitoring Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Traffic Monitoring Script Post 302589960 by frank_rizzo on Friday 13th of January 2012 08:31:02 AM
Old 01-13-2012
Code:
HTA_STATUS=$(logscan -in $LOG_FILE -live |grep -c "HTA_ResponseStatus: 500")

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring network traffic using snoop

I want to monitor network traffic. For this purpose i use snoop command. But snoop command only show those packets which are broadcasted or those packets which recieved by host. But I want to examine whole network traffic. Please tell me how to use snoop for monitoring whole network traffic or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC card monitoring traffic question

Folks; I have 2 NIC cards on my SUSE Linux server. One of them was reporting receive errors for a while now it's OK, but i'd like to monitor it. Is there any command i can run to tell me the usage in the past or give me a history of traffic and the speed that going on this specific card? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Monitoring network traffic on wireless router

Hi all, How can I monitor packet traffic on my wireless router? Some info - my wireless router is netgear wgr614 - everyone can connect it i.e. no password required - I would like to see where they connect, how they are using the internet connection I installed wireshark and captured... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

6. AIX

Script for real time network traffic per process

Hi All Gurus, I want to write a script (bash/ksh/csh) which will show real time network traffic ( TCP or UDP ) generated by per process/PID. For both Linux/AIX system, as nethogs ( Linux package ) shows ? Any suggestion is MOST welcome. Thanks in Advance, Amritendu Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for real time network traffic per process

Hi All Gurus, I want to write a script (bash/ksh/csh) which will show real time network traffic ( TCP or UDP ) generated by per process/PID. For both Linux/AIX system, as nethogs ( Linux package ) shows ? Any suggestion is MOST welcome. Thanks in Advance, Amritendu Das (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a script for proxy traffic

Hello folks; I'm trying to write a script to test our proxy servers to see if they're passing traffic and i need help please. I wrote this code below to implement "httpie" tool but still having issues. Can someone please take a look and let me know what's wrong with this code? The code is supposed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)