Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...) Post 302589585 by itkamaraj on Thursday 12th of January 2012 06:48:02 AM
Old 01-12-2012
Code:
$ awk '/RBA/ {print $NF}' input.txt

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED????

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and appreciate Everyone's help. I need to find a way to get the SystemID from this XML file. The file is much larger than just this one line but I can grep and get this line Printed. But really just need the "systemid". <test123: prefintem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

2. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk/sed to extract text between Strings

Dear Unix Gurus, I've got a data file with a few hundred lines (see truncated sample)... BEGIN_SCAN1 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles PROGRAM=ArrayScan 1.00 21.220E+00 2.00 21.280E+00 END_DATA END_SCAN1 BEGIN_SCAN2 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles 194.00 2.1870E+00 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a word from text file name

Hi i want to extract the word present before .txt in the text file. For example, Sample_ab_a.txt ----------> i need 'a' Sample_abc_b.txt -----------> i need 'b' Can anyone help me in getting the word extracted (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to extract a word or string.

I am working with the ksh shell in HP UNIX and I am attempting to extract a word, beginning with a particular string and ending at the first space. for example I want to extract the word or string MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY from the following string " This has been entered in MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract text in sed using back reference

i have a text 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 i want to get 22 using sed back reference. I have used sed 's/{6}\(..\).*/\1/' but, it does not work. I am missing something somewhere. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)