Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...) Post 302589583 by drbiloukos on Thursday 12th of January 2012 06:45:45 AM
Old 01-12-2012
Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...)

Hello, I need some help extracting the number after the RBA e.g 15911688 from the below block of text (e.g: grep RBA |sed .......). The code should be valid for blocks if text generated at different times as well and not for the below text only.

Code:
(drbiloukos@srv01)/export/home/drbiloukos/scripts/data_throughput>cat gg_info_replicat.tmp
Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle
Version 11.1.1.1.2 OGGCORE_11.1.1.1.2_PLATFORMS_111004.2100
Solaris, sparc, 64bit (optimized), Oracle 10g on Oct  5 2011 00:33:15
Copyright (C) 1995, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

GGSCI (srv01) 1>
GGSCI (srv01) 1>
REPLICAT   RBGBA01   Last Started 2012-01-05 12:35   Status RUNNING
Checkpoint Lag       00:00:00 (updated 00:00:16 ago)
Log Read Checkpoint  File /GGATE/dirdat/billing/pd000062
                     2012-01-12 12:54:31.005412  RBA 15911688

GGSCI (srv01) 2>
GGSCI (srv01) 2>

Thank you in advance for any help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED????

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and appreciate Everyone's help. I need to find a way to get the SystemID from this XML file. The file is much larger than just this one line but I can grep and get this line Printed. But really just need the "systemid". <test123: prefintem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

2. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk/sed to extract text between Strings

Dear Unix Gurus, I've got a data file with a few hundred lines (see truncated sample)... BEGIN_SCAN1 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles PROGRAM=ArrayScan 1.00 21.220E+00 2.00 21.280E+00 END_DATA END_SCAN1 BEGIN_SCAN2 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles 194.00 2.1870E+00 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a word from text file name

Hi i want to extract the word present before .txt in the text file. For example, Sample_ab_a.txt ----------> i need 'a' Sample_abc_b.txt -----------> i need 'b' Can anyone help me in getting the word extracted (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to extract a word or string.

I am working with the ksh shell in HP UNIX and I am attempting to extract a word, beginning with a particular string and ending at the first space. for example I want to extract the word or string MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY from the following string " This has been entered in MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract text in sed using back reference

i have a text 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 i want to get 22 using sed back reference. I have used sed 's/{6}\(..\).*/\1/' but, it does not work. I am missing something somewhere. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)