Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command" Post 302589484 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 11:14:58 PM
Old 01-12-2012
execute the below command

Code:

which perl

and you will get a output like /bin/perl or something....

then replce the perl with the absolute path of "which perl" output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about "sleep" command in expect script

I wrote some expect script to telnet to some device to execute some commands.Firstly,I can't get full result some time,then I try to add some "sleep" command in it.Fortunately it works. My idea about it is that it uses sleep command to wait the result to be displayed.Am I right or correct the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send "perl -e '...' " command through SSH, from a perl script

Hey guys I am trying to send a perl -e command to a number of systems using SSH. The command should retrieve some information for me. The problem is, the remote shell tries to interpolate my variables and doesn't get it should take the command literally and just execute it. Below the code.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clrg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question on "exec" command

The following is my bash script ----------------------- #!/bin/bash exec myscript "$@" ----------------------- When invoked, the script "myscript" in the exec command is using the file "/usr/bin/diff" But, I want the script "myscript"to use the file "/home/bin/diff" How can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsoo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"exec" command. Stopoutput to file.

I have a script (ksh, Linux) which is about 500 lines and this is only a small requirement. Below is an example of my requirement. FunctionThis(){ echo "You are in this. Goes to log" } FunctionThat(){ echo "You are in That. Goes to log" } FunctionScreen(){ echo "You are in Screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edidataguy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Test::Regression(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Test::Regression(3pm)

NAME
Test::Regression - Test library that can be run in two modes; one to generate outputs and a second to compare against them VERSION
Version 0.05 SYNOPSIS
use Test::Regression; ok_regression(sub {return "hello world"}, "t/out/hello_world.txt"); DESCRIPTION
Using the various Test:: modules you can compare the output of a function against what you expect. However if the output is complex and changes from version to version, maintenance of the expected output could be costly. This module allows one to use the test code to generate the expected output, so that if the differences with model output are expected, one can easily refresh the model output. EXPORT
ok_regression FUNCTIONS
ok_regression This function requires two arguments: a CODE ref and a file path. The CODE ref is expected to return a SCALAR string which can be compared against previous runs. If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN is set to a true value, then the CODE ref is run and the output written to the file. Otherwise the output of the file is compared against the contents of the file. There is a third optional argument which is the test name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TEST_REGRESSION_GEN If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN environment file is unset or false in a perl sense, then the named output files must exist and be readable and the test will run normally comparing the outputs of the CODE refs against the contents of those files. If the environment variable is true in a perl sense, then model output files will be overwritten with the output of the CODE ref. AUTHOR
Nicholas Bamber, "<nicholas at periapt.co.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-regression at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Regression>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. testing of STDERR The testing of stderr from this module is not as thorough as I would like. Test::Builder::Tester allows turning off of stderr checking but not matching by regular expression. Handcrafted efforts currently fall foul of Test::Harness. Still it is I believe adequately tested in terms of coverage. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Regression You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Test-Regression> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Test-Regression> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Test-Regression> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Regression/> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Some documentation improvements have been suggested by toolic (http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=622051). Thanks to Filip GraliXski for pointing out I need to test against output of zero length and providing a patch. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-10 Nicholas Bamber. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-29 Test::Regression(3pm)