Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [C++] [Unix] TCP non-blocking. Detect server disconnection procedure over, from client. Post 302589464 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 09:30:06 PM
Old 01-11-2012
Quote:
I want to close socket in client, and wait until server confirm that disconnection was successful, before I make new connection. How to do this?
At the application level, you cannot - unless you have some out-of-band mechanism such as another connection between the client and server which will enable the server to send a message to the client confirming that the socket was successfully "disconnected".
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

RedHat9:How to find what is blocking the port 1526/tcp

I'm trying to configure IDS9.40 on Ret Hat 9. The server has opened the port 1526/tcp nmap (nmap -sT -O linux) reports correctly that the port is open. However, portqry (portqry.exe -n 192.168.0.101 -e 1526 -p TCP) reports that the port is closed for connection: TCP port 1526 (turbo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhasz Lajos
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

updating "share" without disconnection current client

I have a directory that is currently being shared by several clients. I would like to add another client and be able to mount it without kicking the other clients off. I edited /etc/dfs/dfstab and added the client's hostname towards the end the line. i.e. share -F nfs -o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benq70
3 Replies

3. Programming

tcp server listening, client connecting problems

hello everyone. I tried searching for something related to this, but I figured it was time to ask my own question. I am experiencing these problems using Ubuntu 7.04 I am starting up a TCP listener/server and once connected, will act as a communication/control link with a program on another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
3 Replies

4. Programming

can-not detect TCP disconnects well

Hello everyone. Thanks for reading. I am using Ubuntu 7.04 to experience this problem: I have written my own programs that communicate to eachother and I am having a hard time detecting a TCP socket disconnect when the remote side's computer has a power-failure (for example). On the computer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
6 Replies

5. Programming

Concurrent TCP client/server

I made a program and now I need to make it concurrent. Can someone pls help me do this ? The code is this: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny22
4 Replies

6. Programming

How detect TCP/IP socket shutdown when ethernet cable is disconnected

Hi, I want to code TCP/IP client/server in linux application capable to fastly detect ethernet cable disconnection in any condition. So I have activate SO_KEEPALIVE options and set TCP_KEEPCNT, TCP_KEEPIDLE and TCP_KEEPINTVL to 1. When I disconnect ethernet cable I have the following... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeje_clb
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection.

Hello, I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection as it got disconnected while downloading data. I use Vuze bit torrent client and JDownloader . I use broadband internet connection and my os is slack 11. The problem I have been facing for last 2/3 days that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to detect files transmission at UNIX server ?

Dear Expert Users, I know that Unix utility ( fuser ) is used to detect "transmission" of files from Source system to "current Linux Server". I have scheduled this Unix script to work every 30th minutes of the hour and whenever files transmission starts at that very moment. And, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
4 Replies
Net::DBus::Binding::Server(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::DBus::Binding::Server(3pm)

NAME
Net::DBus::Binding::Server - A server to accept incoming connections SYNOPSIS
Creating a new server and accepting client connections use Net::DBus::Binding::Server; my $server = Net::DBus::Binding::Server->new(address => "unix:path=/path/to/socket"); $server->connection_callback(&new_connection); sub new_connection { my $connection = shift; .. work with new connection... } Managing the server and new connections in an event loop my $reactor = Net::DBus::Binding::Reactor->new(); $reactor->manage($server); $reactor->run(); sub new_connection { my $connection = shift; $reactor->manage($connection); } DESCRIPTION
A server for receiving connection from client programs. The methods defined on this module have a close correspondance to the dbus_server_XXX methods in the C API, so for further details on their behaviour, the C API documentation may be of use. METHODS
my $server = Net::DBus::Binding::Server->new(address => "unix:path=/path/to/socket"); Creates a new server binding it to the socket specified by the "address" parameter. $status = $server->is_connected(); Returns zero if the server has been disconnected, otherwise a positive value is returned. $server->disconnect() Closes this server to the remote host. This method is called automatically during garbage collection (ie in the DESTROY method) if the programmer forgets to explicitly disconnect. $server->set_watch_callbacks(&add_watch, &remove_watch, &toggle_watch); Register a set of callbacks for adding, removing & updating watches in the application's event loop. Each parameter should be a code reference, which on each invocation, will be supplied with two parameters, the server object and the watch object. If you are using a "Net::DBus::Binding::Reactor" object as the application event loop, then the 'manage' method on that object will call this on your behalf. $server->set_timeout_callbacks(&add_timeout, &remove_timeout, &toggle_timeout); Register a set of callbacks for adding, removing & updating timeouts in the application's event loop. Each parameter should be a code reference, which on each invocation, will be supplied with two parameters, the server object and the timeout object. If you are using a "Net::DBus::Binding::Reactor" object as the application event loop, then the 'manage' method on that object will call this on your behalf. $server->set_connection_callback(&handler) Registers the handler to use for dealing with new incoming connections from clients. The code reference will be invoked each time a new client connects and supplied with a single parameter which is the "Net::DBus::Binding::Connection" object representing the client. AUTHOR
Daniel P. Berrange COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2011 Daniel P. Berrange SEE ALSO
Net::DBus::Binding::Connection, Net::DBus::Binding::Bus, Net::DBus::Binding::Message::Signal, Net::DBus::Binding::Message::MethodCall, Net::DBus::Binding::Message::MethodReturn, Net::DBus::Binding::Message::Error perl v5.14.2 2011-06-30 Net::DBus::Binding::Server(3pm)