Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Scripting User Account Removal Post 302589398 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 01:24:48 PM
Old 01-11-2012
from "# If..." to "exit 0"

Your script should actually start with:
#!/bin/bash
# and insert any comments here, like what this script does

Then you want to name it such that you won't accidentally try to use it as a loginhook. My recommendation is "LogoutHook". Smilie

You can put the script practically anywhere, but try to think of a place that will be common for all such scripts going forward. We created a folder in the main Library folder for all custom scripting. That is where all of our admin level support staff can find them on any previous or future image builds.

You probably don't want read privileges for other, aka "world readable". After creating your script, from the command line, enter this and hit return:
chmod 770 /path/to/LogoutHook

You probably want to make root or "system" the owner, and maybe assign the admin group full access:
sudo chown root:admin /path/to/LogoutHook

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but it is working this way for my scripts.
This User Gave Thanks to [MA]Flying_Meat For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RPM Updation & Keeping User Change files during removal

Hi All, I have a RPM for an Java based application. Currently it works fine. But recently I want to implement that when newer packages gets installed over the older one, the rpm should only update the older files with the newer one (I know this could be done by rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm), but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Please help identify these user account

Please help me identify these user accounts.. bin, lp, nuucp, smbnull, mysql, tftp Can we remove these user or disable these users?We have to apply the security policy about the user identification.Since it was settup by our vendor long time ago. We do not have these informations about these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdstkg
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

User Account Sync

Hi All, I want to know is there any way where if i add a user in a centos machine the can be replicated to another centos automatically. As i have setup DRBD with heartbeat for apache webserver everything is working fine but the only thing im stuck in is about system account for ftp. Can any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: search4u2003
3 Replies

8. Linux

User Account Policy

Hi, i have the following config in the system-auth files auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so account required ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)