Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print Lines between two regexes Post 302589364 by polsum on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 12:07:21 PM
Old 01-11-2012
Thank you very much guys. Both are working great.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX equivalent to GNU grep's -B and -A [print lines after or before matching lines]

Hi folks I am not allowed to install GNU grep on AIX. Here my code excerpt: grep_fatal () { /usr/sfw/bin/gegrep -B4 -A2 "FATAL|QUEUE|SIGHUP" } Howto the same on AIX based machine? from manual GNU grep ‘--after-context=num’ Print num lines of trailing context after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the Diff Between These Two Regexes?

Trying to understand what's happening here, but I cannot figure it out. I'm reading Mastering Regular Expressions, by Friedl, and he uses this as an example of how to grab quoted text: egrep -o '"*"' ~/File.txt ...should pull in any quoted phrases. Match a literal double-quote, match anything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexes for three column data to create a dictionary

I am working on a multilingual dictionary and I have data in three columns. The data structure can be word=word=gloss or word word=word word=gloss gloss = acts as a delimiter The number of words separated by the delimiter can be up to 8 or 10. The structure is well defined in the sense... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
Email::Received(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Received(3pm)

NAME
Email::Received - Parse an email Received: header SYNOPSIS
use Email::Received; for ($mail->header("Received")) { my $data = parse_received($_); return "SPAM" if rbl_lookup($data->{ip}); } DESCRIPTION
This module is a Perl Email Project rewrite of SpamAssassin's email header parser. We did this so that the great work they did in analysing pretty much every possible Received header format could be used in applications other than SpamAssassin itself. The module provides one function, "parse_received", which takes a single Received line. It then produces either nothing, if the line is unparsable, a hash reference like this: { reason => "gateway noise" } if the line should be ignored for some good reason, and one like this: { ip => '64.12.136.4', id => '875522', by => 'xxx.com', helo => 'imo-m01.mx.aol.com' } if it parsed the message. Possible keys are: ip rdns helo ident envfrom auth by id RULE FORMAT
Where SpamAssassin used a big static subroutine full of regular expressions to parse the data, we build up a big subroutine full of regular expressions dynamically from a set of rules. The rules are stored at the bottom of this module. The basic format for a rule looks like this: ((var=~)?/REGEXP/)? [ACTION; ]+ The "ACTION" is either "SET variable = $value", "IGNORE "reason"?", "UNPARSABLE" or "DONE". One control structure is provided, which is basically an "if" statement: GIVEN (NOT)? /REGEXP/ { ACTION+ } EXPORT parse_received SEE ALSO
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Metadata::Received, from which the rules and some of the IP address matching constants were blatantly stolen. Thanks, guys, for doing such a comprehensive job! AUTHOR
simon, <simon@> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by simon This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2006-03-24 Email::Received(3pm)