Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX New to aix virtualization direction ? Post 302589091 by ppchu99 on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 08:29:55 PM
Old 01-10-2012
Network p520 vio..

so I would need vio server to be installed in to a bootable disk like hdisk0 or hdisk1, since PCI slots are limited, if I wanted to play with multiple LPARS,

hdisk0 was pre-installed with AIX 7.1

I did one VIO server installed on hdisk1, and try to bootup the VIO server, but comes up with an error saying something like a partition host is required,

the installation seemed to be done correctly...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Virtualization question for non-AIX user

Hello, My first post to the Unix forums, thanks for having me! The division of the company I work for uses a xseries/redhat/VMWareServer solution to make sure that we keep hardware overhead low and use our machines to as near capacity as we can. These boxes are Intel with usually dual or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenteabagger
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New & could use some direction!

First, I just rebuilt/installed my custom kernel & I don't know how to check if it ran properly (I'm fairly sure it did, but I'm looking for reassurance that it loaded the new kernel file). Second, I'd love to get into programming, scripting, whatever, I want my imagination to be the builder &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LazySpoon
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX virtualization: IVM initial network setup

I have a system model 505 p server. I am trying to virtualize my server. My network admin has given me 10 IP addresses (with the DNS already updated with names that map onto each ip). E.g.: IP1 maps to m1.lab, IP2 maps to m2.lab, etc I have been following the redpaper "Integrated Virtualization... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsaix
0 Replies

4. Programming

In what direction should I take computer programming?

I'm a senior in high school trying to start getting into computer programming. All I've done so far is picked up a book on C for beginners and started to teach myself. There aren't really any courses at my high school for introductory programming, so it looks like I'll have to wait for college to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fritzz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

re-direction

Say I have a single bin directory with Linux and SunOS executables, like this: bin/myprog_lnx bin/myprog_sun Assume these programs read from stdin and write to stdout and, thus, are meant to be run like this: myprog_lnx < filein > fileout My users may log in from a Linux or Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsal
3 Replies

6. Programming

Daemon direction. Or, What do I need to watch for?

Hi, I'm writing my first daemon application. I need to make sure I cover my bases as far as correct procedures, etc... I've tried to do my own legwork by reading as much as I could on daemonizing programs, etc... There are so many different examples, some include this but not that, etc...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Need Direction for extra work ?

Hey , I have become pretty normal, using unix and what not and working around FEDORA 9 I was wondering does anyone have any IDEAS or have anything I should try to build or scripts to write , or possibly know any sites where I could practice some things just so I know I am writing them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Producer
2 Replies

8. AIX

need advice on AIX virtualization

Hi all, first of all, beg your pardon for dummy questions. Please help me to sort it out. I'm an internal consultant in a technology unit, and currently we are relocating some applications to another Data Center. In the old Data Center, applications are running on IBM AIX, mostly AIX 5.3. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishango
10 Replies

9. Fedora

In need of some direction

Okay, so I'm not a complete newb when it comes to using Unix/Linux. I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now and I've dipped my toes into a few other distros but now I want to get a bit serious. I'm looking at becoming a sysadmin but the trouble is...I have no idea where to start. What I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tamachan87
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Virtualization Rights

Hi people, I just registered on this forum and this is my first message. I'm trying to understand the AIX Virtualization Rights (or whatever name it's called). If I have a S814 quad-core server with licensed AIX Enterprise Edition for four cores and also licensed PowerVM Enterprise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphaelmsx
8 Replies
XInstallColormap(3X11)													    XInstallColormap(3X11)

NAME
XInstallColormap, XUninstallColormap, XListInstalledColormaps - control colormaps SYNOPSIS
XInstallColormap(display, colormap) Display *display; Colormap colormap; XUninstallColormap(display, colormap) Display *display; Colormap colormap; Colormap *XListInstalledColormaps(display, w, num_return) Display *display; Window w; int *num_return; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the colormap. Specifies the connection to the X server. Returns the number of currently installed colormaps. Specifies the window that determines the screen. DESCRIPTION
The XInstallColormap function installs the specified colormap for its associated screen. All windows associated with this colormap immedi- ately display with true colors. You associated the windows with this colormap when you created them by calling XCreateWindow, XCreateSim- pleWindow, XChangeWindowAttributes, or XSetWindowColormap. If the specified colormap is not already an installed colormap, the X server generates a ColormapNotify event on each window that has that colormap. In addition, for every other colormap that is installed as a result of a call to XInstallColormap, the X server generates a Col- ormapNotify event on each window that has that colormap. XInstallColormap can generate a BadColor error. The XUninstallColormap function removes the specified colormap from the required list for its screen. As a result, the specified colormap might be uninstalled, and the X server might implicitly install or uninstall additional colormaps. Which colormaps get installed or unin- stalled is server dependent except that the required list must remain installed. If the specified colormap becomes uninstalled, the X server generates a ColormapNotify event on each window that has that colormap. In addition, for every other colormap that is installed or uninstalled as a result of a call to XUninstallColormap, the X server generates a ColormapNotify event on each window that has that colormap. XUninstallColormap can generate a BadColor error. The XListInstalledColormaps function returns a list of the currently installed colormaps for the screen of the specified window. The order of the colormaps in the list is not significant and is no explicit indication of the required list. When the allocated list is no longer needed, free it by using XFree. XListInstalledColormaps can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
A value for a Colormap argument does not name a defined Colormap. A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XCreateColormap(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XFree(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XInstallColormap(3X11)