Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace multiple lines Post 302589041 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 02:37:12 PM
Old 01-10-2012
Try this:
Code:
awk 'f && /#/{f=0;next}/# falkdjf lkjadf lkjadf/{system("cat fileB");f=1}!f' fileA > fileNew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I replace multiple lines from different files

Suppose i have two files file1.txt Name : Raju Address:rt8pouououoiu City:tyretyeuetu file2.txt Address :28a The line "address:28a" in file2 has to get replaced in the address line of file1 .. The output should be Name :Raju Address:28a city :tyretyeuetu Please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in file

Hello I am a beginner in shell script. I was trying to find a way to replace multiple lines of a file with different set of multiple line. sed -n '/begin/,/end/p' < sample1.txt >test.txt UNEDITED=`cat test.txt` vi test.txt EDITED=`cat test.txt`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in multiple files

i have to search a string and replace with multiple lines. example Input echo 'sample text' echo 'college days' output echo 'sample text' echo 'information on students' echo 'emp number' echo 'holidays' i have to search a word college and replace the multiple lines i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find and replace multiple lines

I am new to linux and would like to modify the contents of a file preferably using a one line. The situation is as follows <start> some lines "I am the string" "replace string" more lines here <end> In the above example,On encountering "I am the string", the "replace string "should be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersimha
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks.

My sql file xyz_abc.sql in this file there are multiple sql block in this block I need to find the following block rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*) CREATE VIEW &&tempName.* AS SELECT * FROM &&tempName.* WHERE f is not null and replace with following code rem Subset Rows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple patterns on multiple lines and concatenate output

I'm trying to parse COBOL code to combine variables into one string. I have two variable names that get literals moved into them and I'd like to use sed, awk, or similar to find these lines and combine the variables into the final component. These variable names are always VAR1 and VAR2. For... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilg0005
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple lines through sed

Hi All, I have a input file as sample below <this is not starting of file> record line1 line2 line3 end line4 line5 record line6 line7 line8 my requirement is this, i want to select a pattern between first record and end, whatever is written between first record and end. and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgangwar
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)