Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble with sed and ini file parsing Post 302588996 by birei on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 11:43:42 AM
Old 01-10-2012
Sorry, I can't help much with that. It works in my system:
Code:
$ sed --version | head -1
GNU sed versión 4.2.1

I can guess a miss of a ';' just before or after last '}', but it's a shot in the dark. Try it. Else you will have zaxxon's awk solution.
Code:
$ sed -ne '/\[GENERAL\]/,/\[EMITTER\]/ { /^\(\[\|[ ]*$\)/ b ; p; };' infile

Regards,
Birei.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing xml file using Sed

Hi All, I have this(.xml) file as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance name='ins_C2Londondev' user='' group='' fullname='B2%20-%20London%20(dev)' > <property> </property> </instance> I want output as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilkinha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file (sed/awk?)

Hello people, newbie question. I'm trying to parse these type of file 1 "CAR " " C1 " " " 6 0 C1 2 "CAR " " O1A" " " 8 0 O1A 3 "CAR " " O1B" " " 8 -1 O1B 4 "CAR " " C2 " " " 6 0 C2 5 "CAR " " C3 " " " 6 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed for parsing file

Hi All, I have a log file like this E Mon Oct 06 00:17:08 2008 xxx2 cm:10614 fm_pi2_svc_iptv_purchase.c:149 1:pin_deferred_act:10601:11:169:1223245028:16 pi2_op_svc_iptv_purchase error <location=PIN_ERRLOC_FM:5 class=PIN_ERRCLASS_SYSTEM_DETERMINATE:1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED 4.1.4 - INI File Change Problem in Variables= in Specific [Sections] (Guru Help)

GNU sed version 4.1.4 on Windows XP SP3 from GnuWin32 I think that I've come across a seemingly simple text file change problem on a INI formatted file that I can't do with SED without side effects edge cases biting me. I've tried to think of various ways of doing this elegantly and quickly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakFrost
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing complicated CSV file with sed

Yes, there is a great doc out there that discusses parsing csv files with sed, and this topic has been covered before but not enough to answer my question (unix.com forums). I'm trying to parse a CSV file that has optional quotes like the following: "Apple","Apples, are fun",3.60,4.4,"I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analog999
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing through a file with awk/sed

I don't necessary have a problem, as I have a solution. It is just that there may be a better solution. GOAL: Part one: Parse data from a file using the "\" as a delimiter and extracting only the last delimiter. Part two: Parse same file and extract everything but the last delimited item. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeYaGlad
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing xml file (sed/nawk)

I have a large xml file as shown below: <input> <blah> <blah> <atr="blah blah value = ""> <blah> <blah> </input> ..2nd chunk... ..3rd chunk... ...4th chunk... All lines between <input> and </input> is one 'order' and this 'order' is repeated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file: struggling against sed command

Hello fellows, Sure you can help this poor guy that is struggling against sed command, being unable to tame it I have a lot of files like this: From this one, I need to obtain values highlighted in bold/red To do so, I am executing this piece of code inside a loop: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a fixed column text file in sed

I have a text file with records of the form: A X1 Y1 X2 Y2 X3 Y3 where A is character length 10, Xi is character length 4 and Yi is numeric length 10. I want to parse the line, and output records like: A X1 Y1 A X2 Y2 A X3 Y3 etc Can anyone please give me an idea of how to do this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)