Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Firefox create new profile in non default location Post 302588863 by cokedude on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 05:47:05 AM
Old 01-10-2012
Firefox create new profile in non default location

Could someone please explain how to setup a new firefox profile in non default location from the command line?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[NewBie] Create User Profile

Hi i am a newbie on Sun Solaris system. for the above topic, creating a user profile for telnet, ftp through command line, may i know what the command is? and the way of creating the user profile.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yewping
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how I create my .profile

Hello Sir, I m new user in unix.Please help me to create my dot profile. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create and load my own .profile

Hello to everyone, This is my first that I use any group in order to find a reply to my question. I would really like your help!!! Do you know how can I create my own .profile file in unix (not edit the existing one) and how can I load it when i open a new bash? I would like those settings... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbalanced
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How can I create a new swap location in ZFS?

I am running OpenSolaris v5.11 During installation, the installation created default ZFS filesystems, like the dump and swap locations. I want to change the blocksize of the /dump and /swap locations and make them ZFS volumes. The ZFS system is on a zpool called rpool I was able to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing the .profile location

Hi Experts, Can any one guide me to change the .profile location; My case is; I have two .profile in /DATA/home/x/ as well as /home/x/. While login system default refers to /home/x/ but I need to change this to /DATA/home/x/. Please advice. It is urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of commands in a central location, and then run them all remotely through a ssh here

I'm trying to write a script that in the end will from one central location hop to a bunch of servers and then run a series of ping tests. The thing is, the list of devices that needs to be pinged is going to be different for each server. So what I want to do is be able to do is read through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Create a new user from using existing users profile

Hello, Just wanting to know if it is possible. Also I am new to command line. I am running 5.1b, if that matters. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcha
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connect Direct - XSMG242I -Create user profile - sdsc_create failed

HI, I have two Linux servers on which IBM Sterling ConnectDirect is installed. I want to transfer a file from server(abc20) to abc19. I have edited userfile.cfg & netmap.cfg on both the server still file transfer is not happening. Also the file is getting transferred from abc20 to abc20 itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABM_CD
5 Replies
firefox(1)							   User Commands							firefox(1)

NAME
firefox - Firefox for Sun Java Desktop System SYNOPSIS
firefox [options ... ] [url] DESCRIPTION
Firefox is a free, open-source web browser based on the Mozilla codebase. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -height value Set the height of startup window to value. -h or -help Display the help message. -width value Set the width of startup window to value. -v or -version Display the version message. -P profile Start with the profile named: profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale locale Start with the UI Locale listed: locale. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. -jsconsole Open the JavaScript console. -browser Open a browser window. -setDefaultBrowser Set this app as the default browser. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Firefox example% firefox EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/firefox Executable for Firefox application $HOME/.mozilla/firefox User configuration files for Firefox ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfirefox | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
For more information about firefox, please refer to http://www.mozilla.org/firefox Refer to Help->Help Contents for more information. NOTES
Updated by Evan Yan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2008 firefox(1)