Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh program
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh program Post 302588784 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 01:56:01 AM
Old 01-10-2012
try with awk ( instead of nawk )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date program in ksh

#Author : kkodava #!/usr/bin/ksh #Use of this program is You can findout the no of days & day of starting and ending dates #usage no_of_days startdate<yyyymmdd> enddate<yyyymmdd> syy=`echo $1|cut -c1-4` smm=`echo $1|cut -c5-6` sdd=`echo $1|cut -c7-8` eyy=`echo $2|cut -c1-4` emm=`echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding entry into crontab in ksh program

Hi falks, I have the following ksh function ,which adding entry to crontab during ksh program running: { print "Go\c" >/dev/null 2>&1 print '0 0 * * * su - ias -c "/home/orca/core-${SCHEMA_NAME}/CLI/cleanup_BRMS.ksh"\c' >/dev/null 2>&1 print "\033:wq!" >/dev/null 2>&1 } | \crontab -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

3. Programming

parameters from my program in c to a .ksh script

hi.. this is my question: it is possible transfer parameters from my program written in C to a .ksh script? how can i do it? i have a program in C, what is called from a .ksh script, and i need what the C program returns some values (parameters) please, help me - any idea thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program with password

Hi, I am looking for a way to utilize password when the ksh program is launched. What's the standard or best way to do it? Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep within ksh program

Hi, is there problem with grep command when using ksh? I had the below command: /usr/bin/grep \""$Mon $NewDD\"" /tmp/timemanager/intlog.$$ >> /tmp/timemanager/log.$$ 2>/dev/null when I run ksh in debug mode, this command can not grep anything even the data is in the file. + /usr/bin/grep... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program run with different results by different users

Hi, I wrote a ksh program on Unix. One thing I don't understand: some users run it with different results. I suspect it's either "cat" or "grep" command. Basically, with one group of user, the 'cat' or 'grep' command is not getting the data I need and that changed the result. Is the above... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ksh to C program

Hi Guys...is there a way to convert a .ksh script to .C program..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggars
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating a Java program using KSH

Hi Guys, We have a java program that basically install updates to an existing software. The java program consist of several screens asking user for choices (please see below for a detailed example) *** Screen 1 *** Please choose the operation you want to perform: 1. Install new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing answers to external program from KSH

I have asked this before but I haven't had any luck so far getting this to work. I use RCS(revision control system). When it runs if I pass the value 'unlock' to $3 its reassigned to $unlock. When I run the command (rcs -u'version number' 'filename') ti will ask me 1-(Do you want to break the lock... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjones006
5 Replies
byobu-select-session(1) 					       byobu						   byobu-select-session(1)

NAME
byobu-select-session - select and connect to a byobu session DESCRIPTION
byobu-select-session is an application that lists the available screen sessions running on the system, and prompts the user to select one. The user also has the option to create a new Byobu session, or launch the default shell without Byobu. If an invalid selection is chosen 3 times in a row, the user is connected to the youngest session. By default, if only one session exists, the user is connected to that session, and if no sessions exist, a new session is created -- such that there is no interactive prompt in the normal behavior. However, some users may choose to always be prompted, by touching the file $BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select. Note that BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR=$HOME/.byobu. Named sessions that begin with a "." are "hidden" from byobu-select-session(1). This is useful, for instance, if you do not want a session to be automatically selected at login. Example: byobu -S .hidden FILES
$BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select SEE ALSO
byobu(1), screen(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 12 Jan 2010 byobu-select-session(1)