Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove blank lines in a file and save the file with same name? Post 302588779 by Ygor on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 01:46:26 AM
Old 01-10-2012
You dont need to delete blank lines before using sqlldr. In the control file, use...
Code:
MISSING FIELD VALUES ARE NULL
REJECT ROWS WITH ALL NULL FIELDS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove blank lines in *.srt file :)

Hi all, I use translate web to get subtitle file in my langues . But in output file have bad blank lines . I need scrip (i use debian ) to remove this blank lines . szintax of my bad *.srt file : ------ number blank1 number:number ---> number:number blank2 text1 . textn blankS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungbp
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't remove blank lines from a file

Hi Guys, I have been trying to remove blank lines from a file with no success. I tried using all the following options on the file: tr -s '\n' < abc.txt grep -v "^$" abc.txt sed '/^$/d' abc.txt sed '/./!d' abc.txt awk '/./' abc.txt The file is a text file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect, save to file and remove before prompt

I have an Expect script which works very well. It logs into my remote routers and runs some commands and then to the next until finished. I need two things, first I need to save the output to a file from where the log_user 1 begins. expect << EOF set timeout 15 #set var "exit " match_max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines and comments from text file

Hi, I am using BASH. How can I remove any lines in a text file that are either blank or begin with a # (ie. comments)? Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines and merge lines in shell

Hi, I'm not a expert in shell programming, so i've come here to take help from u gurus. I'm trying to tailor a csv file that i got to make it work for the LOAD FROM command. I've a datatable csv of the below format - --in file format xx,xx,xx ,xx , , , , ,,xx, xxxx,, ,, xxx,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut lines from log file and save it another file

Dears, i want cut the lines from a log file. Example of the log file as follows.. May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMDeliverContrUtil isDeliverSM FINE: May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMUtil addSysUpMsgLog INFO: . The message content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonypalokkaran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove 1st line of a file and save the file with same old name

Hi friends, I have a doubt, I am not sure whether it is possible ah nu. I am having a file(sample.txt) which contain 5 lines. I want to remove 1st line in the file and save the file with same old name (sample.txt). For removing 1st line i am using sed 1d filename But dono how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines, sort it and save it as file itself

Hi, all I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on 1st field and sort them by the 1st field. If there are more than 1 line which is same on the 1st field, I want to keep the first line of them and remove the rest. I think I have to use uniq or something, but I still... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies
form_field_attributes(3CURSES)				     Curses Library Functions				    form_field_attributes(3CURSES)

NAME
form_field_attributes, set_field_fore, field_fore, set_field_back, field_back, set_field_pad, field_pad - format the general display attributes of forms SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lform -lcurses [ library... ] #include <form.h> int set_field_fore(FIELD *field, chtype attr); chtype field_fore(FIELD *field); int set_field_back(FIELD *field, chtype attr); chtype field_back(FIELD *field); int set_field_pad(FIELD *field, int pad); int field_pad(FIELD *field); DESCRIPTION
set_field_fore() sets the foreground attribute of field. The foreground attribute is the low-level curses display attribute used to display the field contents. field_fore() returns the foreground attribute of field. set_field_back() sets the background attribute of field. The background attribute is the low-level curses display attribute used to display the extent of the field. field_back() returns the background attribute of field. set_field_pad() sets the pad character of field to pad. The pad character is the character used to fill within the field. field_pad() returns the pad character of field. RETURN VALUES
field_fore(), field_back(), and field_pad() return default values if field is NULL. If field is not NULL and is not a valid FIELD pointer, the return value from these routines is undefined. set_field_fore(), set_field_back(), and set_field_pad() return one of the following: E_OK The function returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An argument is incorrect. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), forms(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 form_field_attributes(3CURSES)