Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem with script execution from a DHCP event Post 302588563 by bypper on Monday 9th of January 2012 10:36:03 AM
Old 01-09-2012
The problem is... CHROOT

I think that the "chroot" funcionality have a BUG.

No script can be found using the "chroot" environment.

When I disable in "/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd"...

Quote:
DHCPD_RUN_CHROOTED="no"
The script run without problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell script execution

Hi All, i am running a shell script in which there is a command `ps -ef | grep smon > db` When i execute this command in the command prompt i am getting the desired output..but when the script is executed..the db file is getting created but with no values...I could not find the reason for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with remote execution of script using telnet

Hi all, i am trying to remotely execute a script from a different server. this is the code that i use : #!bin/sh pwd (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "pwd" sleep 2 echo "cd /path/to/file" if then echo "script1.sh" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get DHCP address change event notification programmatically?

Hello Experts, I am working on a software that has network client-server architecture. I need to have a mechanism that notifies me upon change of dhcp address change locally or at remote machine. Windows have IP Helper APIs to get address change notification. Is there something similar in Unix?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GajendraSharma
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel execution of script/ synchro problem

Hi everybody, In a csh script, i need to run 4 time the same prog with different parameters. What i want is to run them in parallel. for this i use the command toto1.sh & toto2.sh & toto3.sh & toto4.sh For this I have no problem. In fact, I need to wait until all the programs are over to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with grep script (2 variables)

#!\bin\sh TEST=test.log GREP=\usr\bin\grep $GREP -i 'dog\|cat' ${TEST} Why doesn't grep run at all? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzaddict
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script

Hi all, I want to use perl string manipulation commands in my shell script. I have written following script. echo "enter name" read name perl -e '$m=length($name); echo $m it gives an error: unrecognized token in perl command line. do not suggest me an equivalent command of shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admc123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with csh script

Hi All, I have a small issue with my csh script which I am using to FTP a file. What I know is...there are two commands to execute script.. 'sh <file>' & '\<file>'. When I execute my script with command 'sh <file>', it gives me syntax error while it runs successfully with command '\<file>'. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndd
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Execution problem in shell script while insert into DB

Hi, am facing some problem while inserting a record into a script Please find script below. `sqlplus -s asdf/asdf123 <<eof! set feedback off; set heading off; set verify off; insert into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script for modifying a user

#/bin/sh echo "enter the user name" read $username echo "Enter new home directory" read $newhd usermod -d $newhd $username ;; error while executing : enter the user name Rev Enter new home directory: /home/58745 usermod: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try `usermod --help' or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
2 Replies
ltsp-chroot(8)															    ltsp-chroot(8)

NAME
ltsp-chroot - Chroots into a specific LTSP thin client chroot SYNOPSIS
ltsp-chroot <options> DESCRIPTION
ltsp-chroot chroots into a specified LTSP chroot. Optional arguments can be provided to customize the chroot location as well as extra mounts. If present, default arguments will be read from the configuration file /etc/ltsp/ltsp-chroot.conf, and overwritten with used com- mand line options. OPTIONS
-a --arch arch Sets the architecture of the target chroot. Defaults vary by distribution. -b --base dir Sets the path of the target chroot. Defaults to /opt/ltsp/. -c --mount-package-cache If set, mounts the server package directories to the chroot previous to chrooting. Settings vary by distribution. -d --mount-dev If set, mounts the server dev and devpts directories to the chroot previous to chrooting. -p --mount-proc If set, mounts the server proc to the chroot previous to chrooting. -m --mount-all If set, mounts the proc, dev and package directories to the chroot before chrooting. -p --copy-resolv-conf If set, copies the server resolv.conf to the chroot previous to chrooting. -h --help Displays the ltsp-chroot help message. SEE ALSO
ltsp-build-client(8), AVAILABILITY
ltsp-chroot is part of ltsp package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp. MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Wim Muskee <wimmmuskee@gmail.com> 2012-02-11 ltsp-chroot(8)