Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: df command hanging
Operating Systems Solaris df command hanging Post 302588504 by amitranjansahu on Monday 9th of January 2012 07:15:10 AM
Old 01-09-2012
Is there any external file system mounted on your machine ? If so may be one of the remote files system is taking time to respond.

whats the out put of the df -kh
This User Gave Thanks to amitranjansahu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mq_open Hanging

One of my program which uses posix message queues was hanging in mq_open() system call, and after some time, it threw an error "Interrupted system call". I couldnt even unlink that message queue using mq_unlink(), as I have to use mq_open() prior to mq_unlink(). I use SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-22... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to tell if process is hanging

On Solaris 8.. 28166 user 3693M 2736M sleep 5 0 0:05.38 0.0% PROCESS/4 How can I tell if this process is doing anything or just hanging? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps command is hanging

Hi All, I am unable to figure out why my ps command is haning. Is some one else is running a process which is hanged. But in that case also if i do ps it should show only the processes running by me only. Thanks & Regards Gauri Agrawal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri
2 Replies

4. SuSE

ssh command on remote linux system hanging

Hi, Our systems: system1: amd 64 running suse linux 9 enterprize system2: amd 64 running esx vmware 3 with suse linux 9 enterprize. The problem is: when we ssh into system2 and execute the command: ls -al the session hangs. Infact session hangs when we execute any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hanging port?

Ok, this question my be different. I can ping our unix box, but when we I to access the webpage I cant. To access the webpage I type http://ipaddress:some port. How do I check if a port is hanging and how would I un hang it. Sorry if question doesnt make sense. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is hanging

Hello, I have the following shell script and when i execute, it keeps hanging and nothing happens Please let me know. Requirement is to read data from file and pass it to the sql and create files as shown. code /******** #!/bin/sh while read user.dat do echo "user = $1 email =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshsr12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script hanging???

ok... this is where i am at... i need a script to call another script as a wrapper because the first script creates a sub-shell. here is what i got... i kick off the first script "CCBDEMO-threadpoolworker.sh" #!/bin/bash clear #clearing screen directory="/data1/spl/cis/CCBDEMO/bin"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dagaswolf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip command if it is hanging while waiting for response

Hello, I have a script that contains the command "whois 1.2.3.4" Sometimes this command takes far too long to produce any output and as a result the rest of the script is not executed. Can anyone suggest a method so that if no output is produced after say 2 seconds the script skips that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sz command hanging and outputting ZNAK’s

Currently I am using the following sz and rz commands to run file transfer using ZMODEM within a perl script. sz -b -m1 -M2 -k -e -r -u -t10 rz -b -m 1 -M 120 -y Is there any flag setting that will allow me to terminate when a retry 0 error is outputted as this is constantly filling up my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M1keSt4r
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk hanging from running command

awk -v youth=1599 -v d="$(/bin/ps -ef)" 'd ~/ 1599 / && d !~/ awk / && (($2 == youth) || ($3 == youth)) {print $2" "$3}' i feel like i'm very close here. what am i doing wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
mount(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  mount(8)

Name
       mount, umount - mount or unmount file systems

Syntax
       /etc/mount [ options ] [ device ] [ directory ]

/etc/umount [ options ] [ device ] [ directory ]

Description
       This  is  a  general description of the command.  Additional descriptions are provided to define the syntax and options for the NFS and UFS
       file systems.

Each invocation of the command announces to the system that a file system is present on the device device.  The file system may be local or
       remote.	File directory must exist as a directory file.	It becomes the name of the newly mounted file system root.

If invoked without arguments, prints the list of mounted file systems.

Physically write-protected disks and magnetic tape file systems must be mounted read-only or an error will occur at mount time.

General users can only mount file systems with certain restrictions.  For example, the user, other than the superuser, performing the mount
       must own the directory directory.  Furthermore, no users other than the superuser can execute or programs on the mounted file systems.	In
       addition, users other than the superuser cannot access block or special character devices such as on the mounted file systems.

The  command  announces	to the system that the removable file system previously mounted on the specified directory is to be removed.  Only
       the person who mounted a particular file system or the superuser can unmount the file system again.

Options
       -a	   Reads the file and mounts, or unmounts, all file systems listed there.

-f	   Fast unmount.  The option has no meaning for local file systems and directories.  However, for remote file system  types  (such
		   as  NFS),  the  option  causes  the	client	to unmount the remotely mounted file systems and directories without notifying the
		   server.  This can avoid the delay of waiting for acknowledgment from a server that is down.

-o options  Specifies a string that is passed to the kernel and used by the specific file system's mount routine in the kernel.	 For  spe-
		   cific options, refer to the file system-specific description, such as

-r	   Indicates  that  the  file system is to be mounted read only. To share a disk, each host must mount the file system with the -r
		   option.

-t type	   Specifies the type of file system is being mounted.	When used with the option, the option mounts all file systems of the given
		   type found in the file.  For specific file system types, refer to the file system-specific description, such as

-v	   Tells what did or did not happen.  (Verbose flag)

The options for are:

-a	   Unmounts all mounted file systems.  It may be necessary to execute twice to accomplish unmounting of all mounted file systems.

-v	   Tells what did or did not happen.  (Verbose flag)

Restrictions
       Mounting corrupted file systems will crash the system.

Files
       File systems information table

See Also
       getmnt(2), mount(2), fstab(5), fsck(8), mount(8nfs), mount(8ufs)

mount(8)