Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Change the window name for putty Post 302588482 by radha254 on Monday 9th of January 2012 05:30:22 AM
Old 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
PUTTY obeys the same escape sequences as xterm does to change its window title, so if your window titles aren't changing already, you can get PUTTY to do so easily enough. Try this code in any of your PUTTY terminals:

Code:
printf "\033]0;asdf\007"

It should set your window title to asdf. You can put that code in your PS1 variable as shown here so it changes the title every single time your shell prompts you.

If printf from the prompt didn't work, that means your prompt is already changing your window title every single line, changing it back before you could see.
Yes .. it worked !!!

Thanks man .. Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to radha254 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

4. Linux

Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux

Hi, I have a linux which I am accessing using putty.I have written some code in TCL-Tk & developed a GUI based app.I knew that it is difficult to open a GUI based app. from putty,but there must be some way to do that. If anybody knows any such workarounds kindly let me know. Shell I am using is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to set xterm for Window Titls for PuTTy

Hi, I still cant find step by step manual how to make my putty display let say PWD in its title, read about some xterm, but where it is? Can anybody help me with this. Thx M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely setting putty window title

I have successfully used a script to modify putty's window title for many years. It has worked great in a Solaris 10 environment, using, sh, bash and tcsh. But I've never been able to get it to work in linux :( The script relies on sending escape sequences via gnu echo. The version of echo on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with putty window setting

hi friends, This is not a shell scripting related doubt, but still posting so that you can answer it ;) or redirect to correct place in this website. Many a times i have to open multiple putty sessions by duplicating a session and want to rename their tabs. For this activity i have to right... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies
HAPPY(1)						      Happy Parser Generator							  HAPPY(1)

NAME
happy - the parser generator for Haskell SYNOPSIS
happy [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the happy command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in various other formats, including DVI, Info and HTML; see below. Happy is a parser generator system for Haskell. `HAPPY' is a dyslexic acronym for `A Yacc-like Haskell Parser generator'. There are two types of grammar files, file.y and file.ly, with the latter observing the reverse comment bird track convention (i.e. each code line must begin with `>'). The examples distributed with Happy are all of the .ly form. Caveat: When using hbc (Chalmers Haskell) the command argument structure is slightly different. This is because the hbc run time system takes some flags as its own (for setting things like the heap size, etc). This problem can be circumvented by adding a single dash (`-') to your command line. So when using a hbc generated version of Happy, the argument structure is: happy - [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the other documentation. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. -a, --array Instructs Happy to generate a parser using an array-based shift reduce parser. When used in conjunction with -g, the arrays will be encoded as strings, resulting in faster parsers. Without -g, standard Haskell arrays will be used. -g, --ghc Instructs Happy to generate a parser that uses GHC-specific extensions to obtain faster code. -c, --coerce Use GHC's unsafeCoerce# extension to generate smaller faster parsers. One drawback is that some type safety is lost, which means that a parser generated with -c may compile fine but crash at run-time. Be sure to compile your grammar without -c first to ensure it is type-correct. This option has quite a significant effect on the performance of the resulting parser, but remember that parsers generated this way can only be compiled by GHC 3.02 and above. This option may only be used in conjuction with -g. -d, --debug Generate a parser that will print debugging information to stderr at run-time, including all the shifts, reductions, state transi- tions and token inputs performed by the parser. This option may only be used in conjuction with -a. -i [FILE], --info[=FILE] Directs Happy to produce an info file containing detailed information about the grammar, parser states, parser actions, and con- flicts. Info files are vital during the debugging of grammars. The filename argument is optional, and if omitted the info file will be written to FILE.info (where FILE is the input file name with any extension removed). -o FILE, --outfile=FILE Specifies the destination of the generated parser module. If omitted, the parser will be placed in FILE.hs, where FILE is the name of the input file with any extension removed. If FILE is - the generated parser is sent to the standard output. -m NAME, --magic-name=NAME Happy prefixes all the symbols it uses internally with either happy or Happy. To use a different string, for example if the use of happy is conflicting with one of your own functions, specify the prefix using the -m option. -t DIR, --template=DIR Instructs Happy to use this directory when looking for template files: these files contain the static code that Happy includes in every generated parser. You shouldn't need to use this option if Happy is properly configured for your computer. -l, --glr Instructs Happy to output a GLR parser instead of an LALR(1) parser. -k, --decode Causes the GLR parser to generate code for decoding the parse forest to a list of semantic results (requires --ghc). -f, --filter Causes the GLR parser to filter out nodes which aren't required for the semantic results (an experimental optimisation, requires --ghc). FILES
/usr/share/happy-1.18.9 SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/happy, the Happy homepage (http://haskell.org/happy/) <http://haskell.org/happy/> COPYRIGHT
Happy Version 1.18.9 Copyright (c) 1993-1996 Andy Gill, Simon Marlow; (c) 1997-2001 Simon Marlow AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Glasgow FP Suite 2000-12-23 HAPPY(1)