Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check if the insert statement is using column names Post 302588420 by jayan_jay on Monday 9th of January 2012 01:54:04 AM
Old 01-09-2012
Based on the input given .. expecing this .. ??!!
Code:
$ cat infile
insert into table_Name (column1,column2,column3) values(1,2,3)
insert into table_Name values(1,2,3)
$
$ nawk '{if($0~/insert into table_Name \(/){print $0" --> true"}else{print $0" --> false"}}' infile
insert into table_Name (column1,column2,column3) values(1,2,3) --> true
insert into table_Name values(1,2,3) --> false
$

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(sed) parsing insert statement column that crosses multiple lines

I have a file with a set of insert statements some of which have a single column value that crosses multiple lines causing the statement to fail in sql*plue. Can someone help me with a sed script to replace the new lines with chr(10)? here is an example: insert into mytable(id, field1, field2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjordan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change names in a column based on the symbols in another column

If the 4th column has - sign then the names in 3rd column has to change to some user defined names (as shown in output). Thanx input1 1 a aaaaa + 2 b bbbbb + 3 c ccccc + 4 d ddddd + 5 e eeeee + 6 f xxxxx + 8 h hhhhh +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rearrange the column names with comma as column delimiter

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, i have requirement can any one help me out in this regrads, in directory i have file like invoice1.txt, invoice2.txt in each file i have fixed number of columns, 62 in number but they are randomly arranged.like for first file invoice1.txt can have columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhav62
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose field names from column headers to values in one column

Hi All, I'm looking for a script which can transpose field names from column headers to values in one column. for example, the input is: IDa;IDb;IDc;PARAM1;PARAM2;PARAM3; a;b;c;p1val;p2val;p3val; d;e;f;p4val;p5val;p6val; g;h;i;p7val;p8val;p9val; into the output like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popesk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to insert a files names

I have a couple of text files which are named as 1.txt 2.txt 1000.txt 11.txt I want to cat/merge the contents of each text file into one single file like this 1 content of 1.txt 2 content of 2.txt 1000 content of 1000.txt 11 content of 11.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data in first column(if blank) from previous line first column

Dear Team I need to insert field(which is need to taken from previous line's first field) in first column if its blank. I had tried using sed but not find the way. Detail input and output file as below. Kindly help for same. INPUT: SCGR SC DEV DEV1 NUMDEV DCP ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies
mencal(1)								 1								 mencal(1)

NAME
mencal - menstruation calendar SYNOPSIS
mencal [options] [file1 file2 ... -c CONF1 -c CONF2 ...] DESCRIPTION
Display options: -m, --monday draw monday as first weekday (sunday is default) -1 current month (default) -3 previous, current and next month -y [YYYY] all-year calendar (default YYYY is current year) -q, --quiet no top information will be printed -n, --nocolor noncolored output -i, --icolor COLOR intersection color (default red) available colors: red, green, blue, yellow, violet, cyan, shiny, bold mencal configuration: -c, --config s=[YYYY]MMDD,l=LL,d=DD,n=NAME,f=FILE,c=COLOR The second argument is a comma separated list of options. No spaces are allowed in this list. If no name is specified, 'Unknown' is used. Various -c options or filenames can be set. s,start=[YYYY]MMDD start day of period (default current day) l,length=LL length of period in days (default 28) d,duration=D duration of menstruation in days (default 4) n,name=NAME name of subject f,file=FILE filename to save configuration to (see section FILES) only menstruation related variables will be saved c,color=COLOR color used for menstruation days available colors: red, green, blue, yellow, violet, cyan, shiny, bold default color is red, with '-n' switch color settings are ignored Info options: -h, --help print help -V, --version print version information FILES
: $HOME/.mencalrc - the default configuration file that is automatically loaded AUTHOR
: (C) 2002 C. McCohy e-mail: <mccohy@kyberdigi.cz> Word-Wide-Web: http://www.kyberdigi.cz/projects/mencal/english This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page (but may be used by others). HISTORY
22 March 2002 - Originally written by Amaya Rodrigo <amaya@debian.org>. 24 Apr 2002 - New manpage contributed by Pablo S. Torralba <psanchez@skyrealms.org>. Amaya Rodrigo <amaya@debian.org> is now responsible for developing and maintaining this manual page. Comments and suggestions are greatly wellcome. mencal Menstruation calendar mencal(1)