Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Remove lines if the first character is "|" Post 302588406 by tene on Monday 9th of January 2012 01:08:54 AM
Old 01-09-2012
Try this

Code:
awk -F "|" '{if( NF>5 && $1 != "") print}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print range of lines using sed when pattern has special character "["

Hi, My input has much more lines, but few of them are below pin(IDF) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : signal; pin(SELDIV6) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending character "0" in vi editor for all lines between 1 and 40.

I have to append character "0" for lines between 1 and 40 in a file. I tried the following code. :s/^0,1,40/g Input: Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ":" and join lines in outline file

I have a vim outliner file like this: Title title 2 :Testing now :testing 2 :testing 3 title 3 :testing :ttt :ttg Is there a way to use a script or command to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostber
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep : Filter/Move All The Lines Containing Not More Than One "X" Character Into A Text File

Hi All It's me again with another huge txt files. :confused: What I have: - I have 33 huge txt files in a folder. - I have thousands of line in this txt file which contain many the letter "x" in them. - Some of them have more than one "x" character in the line. What I want to achieve:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word after special character "/"

Hi There, I have one requirement to remove word after character "/". Input file is 2017-07-12|02|user1l|domain1/userl|0 2017-07-12|02|user2|domain1/user2|5 2017-07-12|02|user3|domain2/user3|0 2017-07-12|02|user4|domain1/user4|432 and require OP file is ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove a word that ends with special character "!"

Hi all. I want to use sed to remove a word that ends with "!" in the first page of a file. The word I want to remove is: "DNA!". I have search for an answer and nothing of what I found helped me. ~faizlo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
2 Replies
PSWRAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PSWRAP(1)

NAME
pswrap - creates C procedures from segments of PostScript language code SYNOPSIS
pswrap [ -apr ] [ -o outputCfile ] [ -h outputHfile ] [ -s maxstring ] inputfile DESCRIPTION
pswrap reads input from inputfile and creates C-callable procedures, known as wraps, that send PostScript language code to the PostScript interpreter. inputfile contains segments of PostScript language code wrapped with a C-like procedure syntax. Wraps are the most efficient way for an application to communicate with the PostScript interpreter. For complete documentation of pswrap and the language it accepts, see "pswrap Reference Manual" in Programming the Display PostScript System with X. OPTIONS
inputfile A file that contains one or more wrap definitions. pswrap transforms the definitions in inputfile into C procedures. If no input file is specified, the standard input (which can be redirected from a file or pipe) is used. The input file can include text other than wrap definitions. pswrap converts wrap definitions to C procedures and passes the other text through unchanged. Therefore, it is possible to intersperse C-language source code with wrap definitions in the input file. Note: Although C code is allowed in a pswrap input file, it is not allowed within a wrap body. In particular, no CPP macros (for example, #define) are allowed inside a wrap. -a Generates ANSI C procedure prototypes for procedure definitions in outputCfile and, optionally, outputHfile. The -a option allows compilers that recognize the ANSI C standard to do more complete type checking of parameters. The -a option also causes pswrap to generate const declarations. Note: ANSI C procedure prototype syntax is not recognized by most non-ANSI C compilers, including many compilers based on the Porta- ble C Compiler. Use the -a option only in conjunction with a compiler that conforms to the ANSI C Standard. -f specialHFile Adds a #include to the generated source file for a special header file. -h outputHFile Generates a header file that contains extern declarations for non-static wraps. This file can be used in #include statements in mod- ules that use wraps. If the -a option is specified, the declarations in the header file are ANSI C procedure prototypes. If the -h option is omitted, a header file is not produced. -o outputCFile Specifies the file to which the generated wraps and passed-through text are written. If omitted, the standard output is used. If the -a option is also specified, the procedure definitions generated by pswrap are in ANSI C procedure prototype syntax. -p Specifies that strings passed by wraps are padded so that each data object begins on a long-word (4-byte) boundary. This option allows wraps to run on architectures that restrict data alignment to 4-byte boundaries and improves performance on some other archi- tectures. -r Generates reentrant code for wraps shared by more than one process (as in shared libraries). Reentrant code can be called recur- sively or by more than one thread. The -r option causes pswrap to generate extra code, so use it only when necessary. -s maxstring Sets the maximum allowable length of a PostScript string object or hexadecimal string object in the wrap body input. A syntax error is reported if a string is not terminated with ) or > within maxstring characters. maxstring cannot be set lower than 80; the default is 200. SEE ALSO
Programming the Display PostScript System with X (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 1993). AUTHOR
Adobe Systems Incorporated NOTES
PostScript and Display PostScript are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Copyright (c) 1988-1994 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe Systems 4 Apr 1994 PSWRAP(1)