Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with looping in shell scripting Post 302588391 by ahamed101 on Sunday 8th of January 2012 11:05:18 PM
Old 01-09-2012
Something this?
Code:
for val in $( seq -w 0000 9999 )
do
  hash=$( echo $val | md5sum )
  [[ $hash =~ "^0000" ]] && echo "$val produced 0000 hash string" || echo $val >> log
done

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping through a variable in a shell script

hi, my first question is :- i would like to know how do i loop through the output of a variable. for ex:- if i have a variable called x and echo $x gives the output like feb 19 07 feb 20 07 feb 21 07 i would like to know how do i loop through this since it is separated and i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramachandranrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script for looping

Situation: I have a working shell script on our file server (OSXS Tiger) to connect to a workstation, which is using a portable home directory (phd), and rsync a user's MirrorAgent.log. I'm not that strong of a scripter (obviously), but I would like to add other workstations to this script as they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: le0pard13
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through a shell script with sql statements

Hello members, I'm working on the Solaris environment and the DB i'm using is Oracle 10g. Skeleton of what I'm attempting; Write a ksh script to perform the following. I have no idea how to include my sql query within a shell script and loop through the statements. Have therefore given a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] help me in this looping in shell scripting

Hi, #!/bin/ksh result='/TIA/app/UniQP/queue/document/CSB' i=0; while ; do i=`expr $i + 1` if ($i -lt 5);then echo "THerrFile_$i.err"; else break; fi done ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_83k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script: While function not fully looping

I am new to scripting and this is probably the 4th or 5th simple script I have written. I am working with a HUGE number of data that need to be organized into folders and named a certain way. I wrote the naming script using a while function to go through the 1000-some folders and rename the files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notluckyhannah
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping not completing in shell script

Hi, Iam using below code to login to servers to get cpu utilisation. but output is coming for only one server. code is below root@blr-svr-oclan-01 # more SSSC_CPU_UTIL1.sh #!/bin/sh echo "CPU UTILIZATION" while read line; do IDLE=`/usr/local/bin/sshpass -p 'xxx' ssh xxx@$line 'sar 2 2' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple looping in shell

Hii all. I have a problem with my shell script. This is my code while do space.exe inputs/gr$count >> outputs/t$count count=$ done I ussually work in cygwin. When i tried in linux(ubuntu, kali linux) i found error said Syntax error : end of file unexpected (expecting "do")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting looping issue

#!bin/ksh --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Get sequence number from database --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .os rm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi reddy1
3 Replies
TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)							 1							 TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)

tidy::getOptDoc - Returns the documentation for the given option name

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
string tidy::getOptDoc (string $optname) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string tidy_get_opt_doc (tidy $object, string $optname) tidy_get_opt_doc(3) returns the documentation for the given option name. Note You need at least libtidy from 25 April, 2005 for this function be available. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. o $optname - The option name RETURN VALUES
Returns a string if the option exists and has documentation available, or FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Print all options along with their documentation and default value <?php $tidy = new tidy; $config = $tidy->getConfig(); ksort($config); foreach ($config as $opt => $val) { if (!$doc = $tidy->getOptDoc($opt)) $doc = 'no documentation available!'; $val = ($tidy->getOpt($opt) === true) ? 'true' : $val; $val = ($tidy->getOpt($opt) === false) ? 'false' : $val; echo "<p><b>$opt</b> (default: '$val')<br />". "$doc</p><hr /> "; } ?> SEE ALSO
tidy.getconfig(3), tidy.getopt(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)