Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Active sessions open or long time Post 302588301 by anandgodse on Sunday 8th of January 2012 06:59:25 AM
Old 01-08-2012
Bug Active sessions open or long time

What kind of problems can be faced if any session which connects to unix server is open for longer time?
How to find out from how much time that session is idle? Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max sessions a single user can've on Solaris server at the same time

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: its.simron
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open n number of remote sessions

I m need of something useful to reduce my n number of login sessions to save my time. Scenario : I will login 40+ servers daily with ip address. i hv generated ssh key gens in order to avoid passwords. what i need is : when i click a terminal, i need these 40 servers logged in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while getting status of active and inactive sessions from ORACLE DB

Hi All, I have a written a test script which retrieves the status of active and inactive sessions from oracle DB, but i am receiving error while executing. My script is filepath="/home/ocsg/scripts/db_session_report/current_session_report.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long running sessions

Hi, How can i find out the average cpu utilization of a particular long-running process in UNIX? is there some command for this Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy open active log

Hi, I try to copy the nohup.out to new file using cp command on solaris 10 However, the new file is very large size compare to nohup.out The file is in English format text. Any solution for copying active/open log file without problem with the size. ex: /dir > du -sh nohup.out 636K ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find number of ACTIVE SSH putty sessions, excluding where the user hopped on to a diff server

Hi - If iam logged on to server A, on 4 putty windows using SSH ... and out of these 4 logged-in sessions, in one of the sessions if i did SSH from server A to server B; i would now have 4 putty windows sessions ... of which 3 are actively logged on to Server A while 1 putty window is actively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD)			    Smartcard Library Functions 			SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD)

NAME
SCF_Session_getSession - establish a context with a system's smartcard framework SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsmartcard [ library...] #include <smartcard/scf.h> SCF_Status_t SCF_Session_getSession(SCF_Session_t *session); PARAMETERS
session A pointer to an SCF_Session_t. If a session is successfully established, the session will be returned through this parame- ter. DESCRIPTION
The SCF_Session_getSession() function establishes a session with the Solaris Smart Card Framework (SCF). Once a session has been opened, the session can be used with SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD) to access a smartcard terminal (reader). Information about the session can be obtained by calling SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD). When the session is no longer needed, SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD) should be called to end the session and release session resources. Closing a session will also close any terminals and cards opened within the session. An application usually needs to open only a single session. For example, multiple terminals can be opened from the same session. If an appication opens additional sessions, each call will return independent (different) sessions. RETURN VALUES
Upon success, SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS is returned and session contains a valid session. If a session could not be established, an error value is returned and session remains unaltered. ERRORS
The SCF_Session_getSession() function will fail if: SCF_STATUS_BADARGS The session argument is a null pointer. SCF_STATUS_COMMERROR The library was unable to contact the smartcard server daemon (ocfserv(1M)), or the library was unable to obtain a session from the server. SCF_STATUS_FAILED An internal error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Establish a session with the framework. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Session_t mySession; status = SCF_Session_getSession(&mySession); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* Proceed with other smartcard operations. */ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsmartcard(3LIB), SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Feb 2001 SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD)