Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select combination unique using shell script Post 302588257 by zaxxon on Saturday 7th of January 2012 08:17:33 PM
Old 01-07-2012
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script Unique Identifier Question

i All I have scripting question. I have a file "out.txt" which is generated by another script the file contains the following my_identifier8859574 logout The number is generated in the script and I have put the my_identifier bit in front of it as a unique identifier I now have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combination of case and If else in shell script

Would it be right forme to combine case statement and if else in one shell script? Would it work? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique

hi, #cat /u01/file|grep -v "^#"|cut -f2 -d: -s i want to avoid repeated lines from the output of the above command. Do we have anyting like unique in shell scripting. thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use select into command in shell script?

I need to get total number of rows in a table by using select count(*) from table and need to assign into a variable in shell script. I used the following script, it does return the number of rows but also with oracle headers, Please help me to eliminate this headers. Shell Script #!/bin/sh... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique values from duplicates in linux

I have values in the variable as so the for loop just fetches one by one params=$'$HEW_SRC_DATABASE_LIB\nprmAttunityUser\nprmAttunityPwd\nprmODBCDataSource\nprmLoadInd\nprmSrc_Lib_ATM\nprmODBCDataSource_ATM' and i have a grep command like this ret=`grep \$y $pf` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select Unique Value

HOW CAN I SELECT AN UNIQUE STRING FROM A FIELD? ACTUALLY I WANT TO PRINT RECORDS THAT 2ND FIELD OF THAT HAVE ONE CHARACTER AND IT MUST BE "P" AWK '$2~"" {PRINT $0}' IN > OUTBUT THIS CODE PRINT ALL RECORDS WHICH 2ND FIELDS OF THEM START WITH "P" AND MAY CONTAINS ANOTHER CHARACTER! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract unique combination of rows from text files

Hi Gurus, I have 100 tab-delimited text files each with 21 columns. I want to extract only 2nd and 5th column from each text file. However, the values in both 2bd and 5th column contain duplicate values but the combination of these values in a row are not duplicate. I want to extract only those... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select unique hard link files?

Calculate the total sze of the files recursively from the current directory. Hard linked files are to be considered only once. Please use awk also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

9. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Combination Shell Script

I need to have a script read a file that has a list of words in a single column like below:Black Blue Brown Orange Red Yellow Green White Purple Silver Grey Tan Then print to another file just all of the two-word possible combinations. Example: Black,Blue Anyone want to take a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vespasian
4 Replies
WHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WHICH(1)

NAME
which - shows the full path of (shell) commands. SYNOPSIS
which [options] [--] programname [...] DESCRIPTION
Which takes one or more arguments. For each of its arguments it prints to stdout the full path of the executables that would have been exe- cuted when this argument had been entered at the shell prompt. It does this by searching for an executable or script in the directories listed in the environment variable PATH using the same algorithm as bash(1). This man page is generated from the file which.texinfo. OPTIONS
--all, -a Print all matching executables in PATH, not just the first. --read-alias, -i Read aliases from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using an alias for which itself. For example alias which='alias | which -i'. --skip-alias Ignore option `--read-alias', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-alias' option in an alias or function for which. --read-functions Read shell function definitions from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using a shell func- tion for which itself. For example: which() { declare -f | which --read-functions $@ } export -f which --skip-functions Ignore option `--read-functions', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-functions' option in an alias or function for which. --skip-dot Skip directories in PATH that start with a dot. --skip-tilde Skip directories in PATH that start with a tilde and executables which reside in the HOME directory. --show-dot If a directory in PATH starts with a dot and a matching executable was found for that path, then print "./programname" rather than the full path. --show-tilde Output a tilde when a directory matches the HOME directory. This option is ignored when which is invoked as root. --tty-only Stop processing options on the right if not on tty. --version,-v,-V Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. --help Print usage information on standard output then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
Which returns the number of failed arguments, or -1 when no `programname' was given. EXAMPLE
The recommended way to use this utility is by adding an alias (C shell) or shell function (Bourne shell) for which like the following: [ba]sh: which () { (alias; declare -f) | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --read-functions --show-tilde --show-dot $@ } export -f which [t]csh: alias which 'alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' This will print the readable ~/ and ./ when starting which from your prompt, while still printing the full path when used from a script: > which q2 ~/bin/q2 > echo `which q2` /home/carlo/bin/q2 BUGS
The HOME directory is determined by looking for the HOME environment variable, which aborts when this variable doesn't exist. Which will consider two equivalent directories to be different when one of them contains a path with a symbolic link. AUTHOR
Carlo Wood <carlo@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
bash(1) WHICH(1)