Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program to test SSD
Top Forums Programming Program to test SSD Post 302588224 by Corona688 on Saturday 7th of January 2012 05:07:03 PM
Old 01-07-2012
This functionality is internal to the drive and opaque to the operating system. You might be able to get some information via SMART protocol or by using a utility from the manufacturer. Neither need you to write your own code to do it...

Last edited by Corona688; 01-07-2012 at 06:12 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

test program(dlopen) fails on hp but run well on solaris

Hi, I have a c test program which test dlopen call. This program run well on solaris but fails on hp-ux. The program load jvm library successfully on solaris. On hp-ux it displays error I compile this program as $cc -o testjvm testjvm.c What am I missing? I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

2. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

8. Programming

Test program not giving expected result

I have five classes. 2 composition classes,1 aggregation class and 1 dependency class.I have coded all the classes but one of my test program is not giving me the expected result.I have the following classes: TimeStamp Interval (composition of 2 TimeStamps) TimeSheet ( aggregation of many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
3 Replies

9. AIX

SSD with GPFS ?

Hi, does anyone here happen to know if I could run GLVM or GPFS on Solid State Disks? I have a high volume / high transaction Sybase HACMP cluster currently setup with SRDF to the DR datacentre. My business now considers to move everything to SSD storage but we still need to get the data to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID 0 for SSD

Nowadays the fastest SSDs achieve read-speeds of between 1500 MB/s to 1900 MB/s. Let's say that two such SSDs in RAID 0 achieve roughly double the throughput, ie 3000 MB/s. That is only half an order of magnitude removed from RAM ((10)^(1/2) * 3000 = 10.000), very broadly speaking. So for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies
DRTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DRTEST(8)

NAME
drtest - standalone disk test program DESCRIPTION
Drtest is a standalone program used to read a disk track by track. It was primarily intended as a test program for new standalone drivers, but has shown useful in other contexts as well, such as verifying disks and running speed tests. For example, when a disk has been format- ted (by format(8)), you can check that hard errors has been taken care of by running drtest. No hard errors should be found, but in many cases quite a few soft ECC errors will be reported. While drtest is running, the cylinder number is printed on the console for every 10th cylinder read. EXAMPLE
A sample run of drtest is shown below. In this example (using a 750), drtest is loaded from the root file system; usually it will be loaded from the machine's console storage device. Boldface means user input. As usual, ``#'' and ``@'' may be used to edit input. >>>B/3 %% loading hk(0,0)boot Boot : hk(0,0)drtest Test program for stand-alone up and hp driver Debugging level (1=bse, 2=ecc, 3=bse+ecc)? Enter disk name [type(adapter,unit), e.g. hp(1,3)]? hp(0,0) Device data: #cylinders=1024, #tracks=16, #sectors=32 Testing hp(0,0), chunk size is 16384 bytes. (chunk size is the number of bytes read per disk access) Start ...Make sure hp(0,0) is online ... (errors are reported as they occur) ... (...program restarts to allow checking other disks) (...to abort halt machine with ^P) DIAGNOSTICS
The diagnostics are intended to be self explanatory. Note, however, that the device number in the diagnostic messages is identified as typeX instead of type(a,u) where X = a*8+u, e.g., hp(1,3) becomes hp11. SEE ALSO
format(8V), bad144(8) AUTHOR
Helge Skrivervik 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 19, 1986 DRTEST(8)