Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to write a makefile based on date Post 302588208 by frank_rizzo on Saturday 7th of January 2012 03:16:19 PM
Old 01-07-2012
make -f Makefile.insertdatehere

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to write configure and makefile

Hi, I am new to writing programs for linux (although have programmed extensively in C,C++ before on windows.).I want to write the configure and makefile for the programs I recently wrote in linux (Ubuntu 9.04) so as to easily install them on other *nix systems. Please do guide me how to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the oldest date based on date in the filename

I am using ksh93 on Solaris. Ok, this may seem like a simple request at first. I have a directory that contains sets of files with a YYYYMMDD component to the name, along with other files of different filespecs. something like this: 20110501_1.dat 20110501_2.dat 20110501_3.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write to different files based on a column

Hi, I have the following sample file 32895901-d17f-414c-ac93-3e7e0f5ec240 AND @GDF_INPUT 73b129e1-1fa9-4c0d-b95b-4682e5389612 AUS @GDF_INPUT 40f82e88-d1ff-4ce2-9b8e-d827ddb39447 BEL @GDF_INPUT ffbcc6fe-ba35-489c-ae08-e70e8897aa23 BEL @FF_INPUT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write a shell script to Run it the from Date A to Date B?

Hi , How would i write a shell script to run the code from one date to another date EXample 2014-01-01 to 2014-02-28, can i any provide some clue on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write shell script based on 1 and 4th columns

Hi, I am trying to write shell script for below requirement File has below values @mqm soft nproc 75000 @mqm hard nproc 75000 @mqm soft nofiles 76492 @mqm hard nofiles 76492 @mqm soft locks 76492 @mqm hard ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy log based on from-date and to-date

Hi all, i go a customer support requirement where i need to scan several files based on from/to date like 1-oct to 2-oct please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhiJ
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies
caspar-typesetting(7)						  MISCELLANEOUS 					     caspar-typesetting(7)

NAME
      caspar-typesetting - Makefile snippets for common typesetting tasks

SYNOPSIS
      In a Makefile, write

include caspar/mk/docbook.mk

or

include caspar/mk/pod.mk

DESCRIPTION
      The  caspar  docbook.mk  and pod.mk files are Makefile snippets for common typesetting tasks, like typesetting LaTeX (see [3]), DocBook XML,
      DocBook SGML (see [2]) and POD (see [1]) documents.  You just have to type make, instead of stuff  like  jade  -t  tex  -d  caspar/print.dsl
      /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl foobar.dbx.

USAGE
      In a directory where you maintain .dbx (Docbook XML) or .tex (LaTeX) files, do

$ echo include caspar/mk/docbook.mk > Makefile

$ vi karenina.dbx
	 $ make karenina.view
	 $ make karenina.print

$ vi svejk.tex
	 $ make svejk.view
	 $ make svejk.print

$ make
	 $ make clean

Other targets: filename.ps, filename.pdf, filename.2ps, filename.html, filename.printbig, filename.dvi.

Variables  you  might  like  to  set  in	your  Makefile:  XMLDCL (default is /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl; if you're not on a Debian
      GNU/Linux system, you'll likely have to adjust this), HTML_DSL, PRINT_DSL.

In a directory where you maintain .pod files, do

$ echo include caspar/mk/pod.mk > Makefile
	 $ vi lire.pod
	 $ perldoc ./lire.pod
	 $ make lire.pdf
	 $ make
	 $ less lire.overstrike-txt
	 $ make clean

Other targets: filename.ps, filename.html, filename.txt, ...  (Similar to the ones supplied by docbook.mk).

EXAMPLES
      Some examples: Overriding the caspar-supplied DSSSL files: Create your own print.dls and html.dsl, in the same directory as your Docbook XML
      files. Your Makefile should read:

PRINT_DSL = print.dsl
       HTML_DSL = html.dsl
       include caspar/mk/docbook.mk

Overriding the standard html-to-text convertor:

$ W3M=lynx make svejk.txt

FILES
      caspar/mk/docbook.mk, caspar/mk/pod.mk

ENVIRONMENT
      For  docbook.mk: files: XMLDCL, HTML_DSL, PRINT_DSL; utilities: JADE, PDFJADETEX, PDFLATEX, JADETEX, LATEX, W3M, DVIPS, PSNUP, LPR, GV; set-
      tings: JADE_MAXERRORS. These variables can get adjusted in Makefile, as well as in the shell environment.

pod.mk Uses no environment variables.

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) [1] perlpod(1) about Perl's Plain Old Documentation format

[2] DocBook: The Definitive Guide on http://docbook.org/,

[3] The LaTeX Project Homepage on http://www.latex-project.org/.

Some comments on advanced usage are in the files docbook.mk and pod.mk itself.

caspar-typesetting 20120508					      8 mai 2012					       caspar-typesetting(7)