Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script Post 302588110 by methyl on Friday 6th of January 2012 05:55:39 PM
Old 01-06-2012
Or even the old way.
Code:
REMARK A single line of comment in an Oracle SQL Plus program

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix command to extract a record from a table

Suppose there is a table like the following...I just wanted to know if there is any command using which we can get the record/name of the person who joined before 2005.. Sl Name des y.o.joining 1 Ram Engineer 2001 2 Hari Doctor 2004 3 David Plumber 2005 4 Rahim painter 2007 5 gurmeet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract rows from table

I have an Employee with EID, ENAME and ESTATUS as columns in SQL. I want to extract the status of an employee and update the details if the status is 'A'. Can anyone help in writing the shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract complex data from html table rows

I have bash, awk, and sed available on my portable device. I need to extract 10 fields from each table row from a web page that looks like this: </tr> <tr> <td>28 Apr</td> <td><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickgtx
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve multiple rows from mysql and automatically create a table

Hi, i want to create a table automatically based on another table (sms_key). For example; If user create a new row with sms_keyword field: IRC then a table created automatically (with some field on it, like: name, ph_number, messages). select * from sms_key; +-------------+ |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Isql for SQL SERVER to get the table rows counts in UNIX shell script to

need to create shell script to read the table's name from file and connect SQL SERVER using isql (odbcunix) i 'm able connect to database with below command line syntex but i could not get working in shell script with SQL and storing the row count in variable. isql -v DSN USERNAME PASSWD ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimmit22043
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterizing to dynamically generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script

I have below 2 requirements for parameterize the generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script. Could you please help me by modifying the script and show me how to execute it. First Requirement: I have a requirement where I need to parameterize to generate one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareshvikram
0 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)