Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set i/o option
Operating Systems Solaris Set i/o option Post 302588058 by jlliagre on Friday 6th of January 2012 03:12:05 PM
Old 01-06-2012
I doubt such an option exists and I guess that would make no significant change anyway. What is the problem you are trying to solve ?
You might want to use ZFS. It has no mkfs and doesn't need one.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

2. Solaris

where can i set editor option to yes

Hi all I am new to this forum (just registered) I need help from you guys Even if it is a basic question please don't hesitate to answer.Any answer will be helpful to me I am unable to get the previously entered commands by pressing uparrow When i enered uparrow it is giving ^[[A I got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_sri
2 Replies

3. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to set AUTOCOMMIT option in AIX

Hi, Can anybody tell,how to set the auto commit option in AIX,i have tried with environmental variables option like 'export db2option=-c +a'. But its not working in my environment. is there any other option? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DB2AIX
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx browser set permanently option

hi all, is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser? The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos then lynx show follow message: P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to URL: The UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
xfs_growfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_growfs(8)

NAME
xfs_growfs, xfs_info - expand an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_growfs [ -dilnrxV ] [ -D size ] [ -e rtextsize ] [ -L size ] [ -m maxpct ] [ -t mtab ] [ -R size ] mount-point xfs_info [ -t mtab ] mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_growfs expands an existing XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be grown (see mount(8)). The existing contents of the filesystem are undisturbed, and the added space becomes available for additional file storage. xfs_info is equivalent to invoking xfs_growfs with the -n option (see discussion below). OPTIONS
-d | -D size Specifies that the data section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -D size option is given, the data section is grown to that size, otherwise the data section is grown to the largest size possible with the -d option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. -e Allows the real-time extent size to be specified. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -r extsize=nnnn. -i The new log is an internal log (inside the data section). [NOTE: This option is not implemented] -l | -L size Specifies that the log section of the filesystem should be grown, shrunk, or moved. If the -L size option is given, the log section is changed to be that size, if possible. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The size of an internal log must be smaller than the size of an allocation group (this value is printed at mkfs(8) time). If neither -i nor -x is given with -l, the log contin- ues to be internal or external as it was before. [NOTE: These options are not implemented] -m Specify a new value for the maximum percentage of space in the filesystem that can be allocated as inodes. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -i maxpct=nn. -n Specifies that no change to the filesystem is to be made. The filesystem geometry is printed, and argument checking is performed, but no growth occurs. See output examples below. -r | -R size Specifies that the real-time section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -R size option is given, the real-time section is grown to that size, otherwise the real-time section is grown to the largest size possible with the -r option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The filesystem does not need to have contained a real-time section before the xfs_growfs operation. -t Specifies an alternate mount table file (default is /proc/mounts if it exists, else /etc/mtab). This is used when working with filesystems mounted without writing to /etc/mtab file - refer to mount(8) for further details. -V Prints the version number and exits. The mount-point argument is not required with -V. xfs_growfs is most often used in conjunction with logical volumes (see md(4) and lvm(8) on Linux). However, it can also be used on a regu- lar disk partition, for example if a partition has been enlarged while retaining the same starting block. PRACTICAL USE
Filesystems normally occupy all of the space on the device where they reside. In order to grow a filesystem, it is necessary to provide added space for it to occupy. Therefore there must be at least one spare new disk partition available. Adding the space is often done through the use of a logical volume manager. EXAMPLES
Understanding xfs_info output. Suppose one has the following "xfs_info /dev/sda" output: meta-data=/dev/sda isize=256 agcount=32, agsize=16777184 blks = sectsz=512 attr=2 data = bsize=4096 blocks=536869888, imaxpct=5 = sunit=32 swidth=128 blks naming =version 2 bsize=4096 log =internal bsize=4096 blocks=32768, version=2 = sectsz=512 sunit=32 blks, lazy-count=1 realtime =none extsz=524288 blocks=0, rtextents=0 Here, the data section of the output indicates "bsize=4096", meaning the data block size for this filesystem is 4096 bytes. This section also shows "sunit=32 swidth=128 blks", which means the stripe unit is 32*4096 bytes = 128 kibibytes and the stripe width is 128*4096 bytes = 512 kibibytes. A single stripe of this filesystem therefore consists of four stripe units (128 blocks / 32 blocks per unit). SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), md(4), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_growfs(8)