Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problem unix commands in Perl CGI Post 302587984 by Navrattan Bansa on Friday 6th of January 2012 12:23:42 PM
Old 01-06-2012
i am running command like: system("mkdir dirname") and @array= `ssh username@machinename 'ls directoryname'` in demo.pl. which is fine.

If i run the same commands in demo.cgi in web browser then these commands are not working..
PLease help me out...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while execution of second set of commands

Hi, I have a shell script with code . perf.env cd $QRY_DIR for SHELL_FILE in sql1 do export SNAME=$SHELL_FILE ${SCRIPT_DIR}/perf_qry.sh ${SPOOL_DIR} ${DB_ENVNAME} ${NAME} & RC=$(expr ${RC:-0} + $? ) sleep 60 if then echo sysdate>test1 echo query1.txt>>test1 grep -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran16
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while execution of second set of commands

Hi, I have a shell script with code . perf.env cd $QRY_DIR for SHELL_FILE in sql1 do export SNAME=$SHELL_FILE ${SCRIPT_DIR}/perf_qry.sh ${SPOOL_DIR} ${DB_ENVNAME} ${NAME} & RC=$(expr ${RC:-0} + $? ) sleep 60 if then echo sysdate>test1 echo query1.txt>>test1 grep -i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran16
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10.5 perl and cron job execution problem

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris 10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output: From root@myserver Wed Feb 4 17:02:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

CGI execution problem on Unix

Hello everyone, I have developed a cgi application on windows. i have created a folder in webapps of tomcat, within that a WEB-INF folder and in that cgi folder. This cgi folder contains one executable. The web.xml is as follows: <servlet> <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti_t
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with perl

I got the below error when using the below code...it seem that perl interpret the "'" in the middle and therefore the pipe is not finished. perl -wle ' @a=`who| perl -wlane 'print \$F;' | sort -u` ; chomp @a ; print @a; ' the error message in cygwin is:- perl: No match. | sort... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
12 Replies

6. Web Development

cgi script and external UNIX commands (like swadm)

Hi, I am trying to implement a server monitoring dashboard using cgi scripting. I am planning to run the necessary unix scripts from the web page using cgi. This method works fine for standard unix commands but I am unable to run some external unix commands (like swadm show_processes, swadm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jofinjoseph
9 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl execution commands

I don't know to debug the program todaylive.pl program. plz someone let me know what are the commands I need to know to debug the perl programs to find out the error on it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
CGI::Compile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 CGI::Compile(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Compile - Compile .cgi scripts to a code reference like ModPerl::Registry SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Compile; my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile("/path/to/script.cgi"); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Compile is an utility to compile CGI scripts into a code reference that can run many times on its own namespace, as long as the script is ready to run on a persistent environment. NOTE: for best results, load CGI::Compile before any modules used by your CGIs. RUN ON PSGI
Combined with CGI::Emulate::PSGI, your CGI script can be turned into a persistent PSGI application like: use CGI::Emulate::PSGI; use CGI::Compile; my $cgi_script = "/path/to/foo.cgi"; my $sub = CGI::Compile->compile($cgi_script); my $app = CGI::Emulate::PSGI->handler($sub); # $app is a PSGI application CAVEATS
If your CGI script has a subroutine that references the lexical scope variable outside the subroutine, you'll see warnings such as: Variable "$q" is not available at ... Variable "$counter" will not stay shared at ... This is due to the way this module compiles the whole script into a big "sub". To solve this, you have to update your code to pass around the lexical variables, or replace "my" with "our". See also <http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#The_First_Mystery> for more details. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> CONTRIBUTORS
Rafael Kitover <rkitover@cpan.org> Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) 2009 Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ModPerl::RegistryCooker CGI::Emulate::PSGI perl v5.14.2 2011-05-24 CGI::Compile(3pm)