Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [C][RPC][Solaris]Not compiling client/server Post 302587978 by manarina on Friday 6th of January 2012 12:12:16 PM
Old 01-06-2012
1) each .c file:
gcc -c *.c (* - name of the file)
I receive .o files - no problems.
2) then
gcc client.o mlt_clnt.o mlt_xdr.o -o client -lnsl

Ofcourse before using gcc I use rpcgen:
rpcgen mlt.x

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creating a client handle in RPC

Hi, I am trying to create a CLIENT handle in RPC on Solaris. I am calling the following function CLIENT *clnt = clnt_create(host, prognum, versnum, nettype); However If I call this in main it seems to work but if I call this function in any other function it fails with a segmentation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pic
1 Replies

2. Linux

NFS Server FC7 Solaris client problems!

Hi, my problem is that I am not able to grand the nfs directory on a Fedora 7 server to a standard solaris client. I always got the messages no permission. Important: No change on the client (Solaris) is possible! So I am not able to change the NFS Version on the client side to force the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
3 Replies

3. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris syslog server and client

Hi folks, I am attempting to setup a Solaris 10 syslog server to receive logs from linux machines. Here's what I did: On the server (SunOS sun226 5.10), IP address: 192.168.212.226: 1. start syslogdby issuing $/usr/sbin/syslogd -T On a client (SunOS sun221 5.8): 1. Configured... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Nfs client mount RPC Error: Program not registered.

Hello, I was having few issues on my linux box, I am getting this error whenever I tried to mount a share on a client linux host. # mount -t nfs 10.10.4.150:/data/pops_sva /mnt mount: mount to NFS server '10.10.4.150' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. # I see the error and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP server and client configuration in Solaris 10

How do i install ldap server and client in solaris server how to configure ldap server and client please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to add new Solaris client IP into Solaris 10 DNS server?

Hi, We just built a new Solaris 10 zone. And would like to add it to our DNS server. Its also Solaris 10. Please let me know how can I get the IP resolved using this DNS server. I added entry into zone config file but not working. I did restarted the DNS services. And also added nameserver name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
TRAMPOLINE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     TRAMPOLINE(3)

NAME
trampoline - closures as first-class C functions SYNOPSIS
#include <trampoline_r.h> function = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1); free_trampoline_r(function); is_trampoline_r(function) trampoline_r_address(function) trampoline_r_data0(function) trampoline_r_data1(function) DESCRIPTION
These functions implement closures as first-class C functions. A closure consists of a regular C function and a piece of data which gets passed to the C function when the closure is called. Closures as first-class C functions means that they fit into a function pointer and can be called exactly like any other C function. func- tion = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1) allocates a closure. When function gets called, it stores in a special "lexical chain reg- ister" a pointer to a storage area containing data0 in its first word and data1 in its second word and calls the C function at address. The function at address is responsible for fetching data0 and data1 off the pointer. Note that the "lexical chain register" is a call-used register, i.e. is clobbered by function calls. This is much like gcc's local functions, except that the GNU C local functions have dynamic extent (i.e. are deallocated when the creating function returns), while trampoline provides functions with indefinite extent: function is only deallocated when free_trampoline_r(func- tion) is called. is_trampoline_r(function) checks whether the C function function was produced by a call to alloc_trampoline_r. If this returns true, the arguments given to alloc_trampoline_r can be retrieved: trampoline_r_address(function) returns address, trampoline_r_data0(function) returns data0, trampoline_r_data1(function) returns data1. SEE ALSO
trampoline(3), gcc(1), varargs(3) PORTING
The way gcc builds local functions is described in the gcc source, file gcc-2.6.3/config/cpu/cpu.h. AUTHOR
Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many ideas were cribbed from the gcc source. 22 October 1997 TRAMPOLINE(3)