Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting lines based on keywords for MySQL script Post 302587819 by vivek d r on Friday 6th of January 2012 04:06:09 AM
Old 01-06-2012
thanks jayan_jay & ctsgnb both the code worked for me:-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture lines based on keywords

Hello everyone, I am trying to write a script that will capture few lines from a text file based on 2 keywords in the first line and 1 keyword in the last one. It could also be based on the first line only + the folllowing 3 lines. Could some one help or give directions. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding based on keywords in sendmail

I have an application that runs on the server with root privileges and all emails it sends get sent to root (errors, logs, etc), when they should actually go to one of application admins. I would like to separate these emails from the OS related one sent to root and forward them to that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vostrushka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting based on alternative lines

Hello, I have a file with multiple entries. @SFGF-GA2-1_58:5:36:11009:999#0/1 NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN +SFGF-GA2-1_58:5:36:11009:999#0/1 ################################################################################... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from file using keywords using script

Hi I need some lines of text from input file using keywords. Inputfile IP IS 10.238.52.65 pun-ras-bng-mhs-01#context bsnl.in Card Status : 1:0, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:0, 6:0, 7:0, 8:0, 9:1, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:1, Max Circuits: 1: 0, 2: 32768, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting block of lines based on specified strings

Below is the part of contents of a file cat outputFile.txt :APP-MS-service_monitoring-118054-DiskFilling-S Description=Disk is getting filled. If Condition=If Event/Log Level(ANY) and matching substring "DiskFilling" Log: xx.x.x..xx.: 4 days 1:33:54.42 Date and time=03-18-2013... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting words and lines based on keywords

Hello! I'm trying to process a text file and am stuck at 2 extractions. Hoping someone can help me here: 1. Given a line in a text file and given a keyword, how can I extract the word preceeding the keyword using a shell command/script? For example: Given a keyword "world" in the line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seemad
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split content based on keywords

I need to split the file contents with multiple rows based on patterns Sample: Input: ABC101testXYZ102UKMNO1092testing ABC999testKMNValid Output: ABC101test XYZ102U KMN1092testing ABC999test KMNValid In this ABC , XYZ and KMN are patterns Continue here./mod] Please read forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split content based on keywords

I need to split the file contents with multiple rows based on patterns Sample: Input: ABC101testXYZ102UKMNO1092testing ABC999testKMNValid Output: ABC101test XYZ102U KMN1092testing ABC999test KMNValid In this ABC , XYZ and KMN are patterns (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
6 Replies
Module::Load(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Module::Load(3pm)

NAME
Module::Load - runtime require of both modules and files SYNOPSIS
use Module::Load; my $module = 'Data:Dumper'; load Data::Dumper; # loads that module load 'Data::Dumper'; # ditto load $module # tritto my $script = 'some/script.pl' load $script; load 'some/script.pl'; # use quotes because of punctuations load thing; # try 'thing' first, then 'thing.pm' load CGI, ':standard' # like 'use CGI qw[:standard]' DESCRIPTION
"load" eliminates the need to know whether you are trying to require either a file or a module. If you consult "perldoc -f require" you will see that "require" will behave differently when given a bareword or a string. In the case of a string, "require" assumes you are wanting to load a file. But in the case of a bareword, it assumes you mean a module. This gives nasty overhead when you are trying to dynamically require modules at runtime, since you will need to change the module notation ("Acme::Comment") to a file notation fitting the particular platform you are on. "load" eliminates the need for this overhead and will just DWYM. Rules "load" has the following rules to decide what it thinks you want: o If the argument has any characters in it other than those matching "w", ":" or "'", it must be a file o If the argument matches only "[w:']", it must be a module o If the argument matches only "w", it could either be a module or a file. We will try to find "file.pm" first in @INC and if that fails, we will try to find "file" in @INC. If both fail, we die with the respective error messages. Caveats Because of a bug in perl (#19213), at least in version 5.6.1, we have to hardcode the path separator for a require on Win32 to be "/", like on Unix rather than the Win32 "". Otherwise perl will not read its own %INC accurately double load files if they are required again, or in the worst case, core dump. "Module::Load" cannot do implicit imports, only explicit imports. (in other words, you always have to specify explicitly what you wish to import from a module, even if the functions are in that modules' @EXPORT) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Jonas B. Nielsen for making explicit imports work. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-module-load@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Module::Load(3pm)