Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting difference in the two test operators Post 302587799 by balajesuri on Friday 6th of January 2012 03:02:20 AM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

If with set operators

Hi guys, I'm trying to run more than one "if" condition at once. What I want is something like if ] or ] or ]; then ... I can't remember the syntax for using this or/and set operators. Can someone please assist/ jog my memory? thanks Khoom (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

And and OR Operators with If Statement.

Hi All, I have 2 variables. Result1 and Result2. I want to put a condition that if Both are True then echo "All True" Else Show Error. Right now i am doing this and getting error. if ; then echo "All True" else echo "Failed" fi; Error. line 8: ' Solution: Looking for (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash -o -v -R operators

I do not know the use of the -o -v -R operators. This is what the info says and I am confused of what optname and varname mean, are they just normal variable? -o optname True if the shell option optname is enabled. See the list of options under the ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
CSQRT(3P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							 CSQRT(3P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
csqrt, csqrtf, csqrtl - complex square root functions SYNOPSIS
#include <complex.h> double complex csqrt(double complex z); float complex csqrtf(float complex z); long double complex csqrtl(long double complex z); DESCRIPTION
These functions shall compute the complex square root of z, with a branch cut along the negative real axis. RETURN VALUE
These functions shall return the complex square root value, in the range of the right half-plane (including the imaginary axis). ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
cabs(), cpow(), the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, <complex.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 CSQRT(3P)