Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cancel down 2 integers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cancel down 2 integers Post 302587754 by balajesuri on Thursday 5th of January 2012 11:47:52 PM
Old 01-06-2012
A humble bash code.

bash code:
  1. #! /bin/bash
  2. y=$1; r=$2
  3. while [ $r -ne 0 ]
  4. do
  5.     gcd=$r
  6.     r=$(($y % $r))
  7.     y=$gcd
  8. done
  9. echo $(($1 / $gcd))
  10. echo $(($2 / $gcd))

Code:
$ ./test.sh 1024 768

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cancel all printjobs at once?

Hi unix-friends, I've got an RS6000 with Unix 4.3 as OS. I'm writing a script that i want to use for cancelling all print jobs at once. Does anyone have any good idea's, hints, or tips? Hope to hear from you, Erik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cancel the massage

Hi all In Aix system Someone know i want to cancel the massage. if some user print something and user root deleting the job i got brodcast message " message from queueing system job number XXX has been deleteing from queue. <EOT> " I use the cancel command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goldfelda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cancel QCompile

I need help, please!!!!!!!! I have accidentally selected to compile all my programs, which will probably take forever!! How can I cancel the compiling of the programs. I see in qstatus the huge list of programs waiting to be compiled. Thanks! :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itldp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

integers in the if statement

hi, im trying to compare two variables in csh to put in an if statement, eg: set a = $firstnum set b = $secondnum if ($a -ge $b) echo $a But I get an error ("if: Expression syntax"). How can I make csh see my variables as integers? thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
5 Replies

5. Programming

Using write() with integers in C

I'm trying to write an integer to a file using the write() function, but write() requires the parameter to be written to be a const void*. How would I go about doing this? also: using itoa() produces a " warning: implicit declaration of function 'itoa' " even though i have #included stdlib.h (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@run
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

cancel account

id like to cancel my account please. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samb057
5 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cancel Account

I accidentally typed a wrong user name... pls delete my account so that i can create a new one.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pat_Martin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot cancel a print

Hi Everyone, I am trying to cancel a print. I am logged on as the user of the print and when I use the command 'cancel print_job' I get the message 'print_job: not authorized' I have cancelled other prints in the queue, but this particular job in the queue cannot delete. I even logged on as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep float/integers but skip some integers

Hi, I am working in bash in Mac OSX, I have following 'input.txt' file: <INFO> HypoTestTool: >>> Done running HypoTestInverter on the workspace combined <INFO> HypoTestTool: The computed upper limit is: 11 +/- 1.02651 <INFO> HypoTestTool: expected limit (median) 11 <INFO> HypoTestTool: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asif Siddique
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Integers (I think)

Hi, I can't figure out what I'm missing. I'm running a query to see if there are any streams recording on my DVR before starting a scripted update. I'm guessing that it is viewing $VIDEO as a string instead of an int. I've tried everything I saw on google but it still comes back as $VIDEO is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhysers
8 Replies