Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Lost Sun Solaris 10Certification Post 302587742 by fpmurphy on Thursday 5th of January 2012 10:34:00 PM
Old 01-05-2012
I doubt if he can get a replacement card. If your friend had a valid Solaris 10 certification such as an SCSA, he should be able to go to CertView on the Oracle website and send certification verification to a third party whenever necessary.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Lost password on Sun Solaris; can it be decrypted

Hi, I lost my password on few critical sun servers, I have root password though I don't want to change my password but for some reasons I would like to decrypt my exiting password. Is it possbile and if yes how? Thanks a million in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbewie
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris not able to ping Sun Solaris

I have a Sun Blade 2500 with SUN 5.9 OS installed. I can ping other machines(windowsXP/2003) from my SUN machines but not able to ping each other SUN machines which i have newly installed. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris can not boot because metadb lost

how to recovery metadb? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzung
1 Replies
i2o_scsi(7D)							      Devices							      i2o_scsi(7D)

NAME
i2o_scsi - an I2O OS specific module that supports SCSA interface. DESCRIPTION
The i2o_scsi OSM module is a SCSI HBA driver that supports the SCSA interface. It supports both SCSI Adapter Class and SCSI Peripheral Class functions. It translates the SCSI packet coming down from the SCSA into an I2O SCSI Peripheral Class message, passes it along to the IOP which in turn passes it to the HDM (hardware specific module). It also uses SCSI Adapter Class functions to manage the SCSI adapter and SCSI bus. For each SCSI Adapter Class I2O device (a SCSI con- troller), it claims the SCSI Peripheral class devices which are attached to that port. The existing SCSI target drivers which use the SCSA interface should only work with i2o_scsi. This includes target drivers like sd, st and so on. FILES
/kernel/drv/i2o_scsi.conf configuration file for the i2o_scsi driver; there are no user-configurable options in this file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations SunOS 5.10 23 Jan 2001 i2o_scsi(7D)