Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting python test datetime 30 minutes ago Post 302587696 by jaysunn on Thursday 5th of January 2012 02:59:13 PM
Old 01-05-2012
I was able to see my own mistake. I used the following in case it helps others.
Thanks

Code:
print "FilesToDownload:    %s" % FilesToDownload

print "FileSizeToDownload: %s" % FileSizeToDownload

if  now-LastDownloadTime < datetime.timedelta(0,1800):

print "All is ok"

sys.exit(0)

else:

print "We have an issue"

sys.exit(2)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add minutes in Datetime Variable in Unix

Hi, New to scripting. I have datetime as a String and I need to add some hours/minutes in to that. 21/10/2009 23:00:00 After adding 180 minutes; it will look like this 22/10/2009 02:00:00 Regards, Vikas Mahajan (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas482
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check how many minutes ago the last file created

Hi , I need help in getting how many minutes ago the last file, matching some pattern in file name, was created in a folder. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping test using python

I am issuing a reboot command to a client server from admin server using my python function. I am able to do that but now I need do a ping test every second and print if the ping is successful. With the below code I can check ping only once. import os hostname = "myclient" response =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
UNAME(1)								FSF								  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for uname is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uname programs are properly installed at your site, the command info uname should give you access to the complete manual. uname (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 UNAME(1)