Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mathematical calculations in shellscript Post 302587494 by aish11 on Thursday 5th of January 2012 05:28:26 AM
Old 01-05-2012
Thanks to all :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Float calculations

As expr is used for integer calculations, which command is used for float calculations. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmavr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, calculations using bc

hi all, was wondering if there is another way to do calculations in ksh scripts other than using bc ?? i am using a script to calculate average response time and my script errors out after running for a bit. e.g code i am using : averageTime=$(print "$totalTime / $numberOfEntries" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Calculations

I need to be able to use the current date and calculate 7 days ago to be stored in another variable to be passed to a file in my Unix shell script. I need the date in the following format: date '+%m/%d/%Y' or 05/16/2006 How do I calculate date minus 7 days or 1 week ago? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitschcg
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in mathematical calculation using bc

I am getting the error: Runtime error (func=(main), adr=10): Divide by zero When executing the mathematical expression: echo "scale=2; 1-(0/0)"|bc How to overcome this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mathematical Loop

Hi, I'm creating a loop that allows the user to enter any number, then their choice of operator and then another number until their operator choice is equal to = But I am getting an error saying integer expression expected. Any explanation on why this is happening? echo "Please enter a number"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Addman1991
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mathematical scripting question

Hello Guys,For my homework I must write a shell script to do this serie, http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/f/8/f/f8f543d9ecd01c4ecca2a0b7bc1234a2.pngI know that I must use the "bc" for that, but for the script's itself i have no idea,(beginner) Can you plz just help me for have some idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamed.samie
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help mathematical shell programming

Hello Guys,For my homework I must write a shell script to do this serie, http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/f/8/f/f8f543d9ecd01c4ecca2a0b7bc1234a2.pngI know that I must use the "bc" for that, but for the script's itself i have no idea,(beginner) Can you plz just help me for have some idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamed.samie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mathematical calculations using shell

Dear All, I read some variables in a file and assigned as name for each of them. If I do echo I am able to see the values as 1.0E-05,3.4,5.0E-03 etc, Now I want to do some mathematical operations with them. Lets say 1 1.0E-05*5.0E-03 expected ans is 5.0E-08 2 1.0E-05/5.0E-03 expected... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number calculations

I'm writing a script that will read all the fields of a text file into an array(if they are numeric), while at the same time computing the minimum and maximum values from the file. After that I want to output the average of all the numbers in the array. The first problem I'm having is that many... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mathematical Operations on Column

Hi All, I want to perform a mathematical operation on column. Can anyone please help? Here is the sample of operation to be performed: 123 996 100 123 996 200 123 996 200 2015-09-21 123 996 100 123 996 200 123 996 100 What I want is to multiple all values of column # 3 by 100 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)