Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix Post 302587054 by aksar on Wednesday 4th of January 2012 03:57:28 AM
Old 01-04-2012
Network Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus,

I am very new in Unix,
I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table.

every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error.

I made some hanges in my insert statement so that it failed , but I am not getting any error msg. I dont know how to put error msg.

pls help me out, Its an urgent issue.
Code:
retu_statu=`$SYBASE/OCS-15_0/bin/isql -S$DSQUERY -U$AAAUSER -P$AAAUSERPWD <<-END_SQL | grep "ERRORLEVEL" | cut -d ";" -f 2 
use $AAAREPDB
truncate table $AAAREPDB..CTF_EXTRACT_PTF
go
END_SQL`

bcp $AAAREPDB..CTF_EXTRACT_PTF in /oams/w_ctcb/ctcb2ta/data_extract/${BatchScript}.$$.out -U$AAAUSERPWD -P$AAAUSERPWD -S$DSQUERY -f portfolio.fmt -Y -F

err_code=$?
    if [[ $err_code != 0 ]]; then
        echo "ERROR: Data Loading failed!!!\n\n\n"
        exit 255
    fi

retu_statu=`$SYBASE/OCS-15_0/bin/isql -S$DSQUERY -U$USER -P$USERPWD <<-END_SQL | grep "ERRORLEVEL" | cut -d ";" -f 2 
use $AAAREPDB

insert into $REPDB..uob_dwh_portfolio
select *,getdate) from $REPDB..CTF_EXTRACT_PTF

select 'ERRORLEVEL',';',@@error,';'
go

END_SQL`

I am not getting any error Problem in query is Getdate()
It should give me error

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags!

Last edited by zaxxon; 01-04-2012 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need sybase sql command help

Guys, My question is on the Sybase sql query, command 'sp_help' shows me list of all the tables. but I can not view them page by page. So is there any command to view them page by page as in our unix 'ls | less'. and one more thing command/procedure to store output into the file. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
4 Replies

2. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell script with embedded Sybase SQL

Hi, I need a simple (as possible) Bourne shell script that takes an input file of adminID's and spits out a list of adminID's and related tradeID's. Both adminID and tradeID are columns in a Sybase database table called "trades", in which they have a one-to-one relationship. adminID is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix capture oracle function error

Hi, I want to execute an oracle function from unix script so for that I created a sample oracle function as below: create or replace function test_fn(test_date out varchar2) RETURN varchar2 IS BEGIN select to_char(sysdate,'DD-MON-YY') into test_date from dual; return test_date;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Error In SQL Plus

Hi I am trying to fetch the data from Oracle Table More my_query.sql | sqlplus -s 'scott/tiger@OrcaleSID ' | sed 's///g;s///g' > sample_file Now if the table passed in the my_query.sql is wrong or there is some other error insied SQL how i can caputure that i tried More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Capture Sql Failures

Hi guys, I am inserting and updating records in Oracle database using shell Script based on business logic. Now Whenever the insert or Update fails, i want to capture it. i tried to capture the return code ($?), but it is not reflecting it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Sybase connectivity via UNIX

Helo Experts, I have an issue in connecting to sybase from UNIX. PFB, my code : #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # # Filename: docflo_split.sh # # Description:docflo_split.sh WrapperScript splits the temporary file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nits
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase - Reserved SQL words by Sybase SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Sybase word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Sybase. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Sybase ASE 12 or 15. is_reserved_by_ase12( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Sybase ASE 12. is_reserved_by_ase15( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Sybase ASE 15. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Sybase versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_ase12 is_reserved_by_ase15 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm)