Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ping the hostname of many servers using a script Post 302587030 by newtoaixos on Wednesday 4th of January 2012 02:31:56 AM
Old 01-04-2012
Hi

Below is the file containing the hostnames of all the servers
Code:
root@[/] #cat network_hosts
frssit02.standardchartered.co.in
frssit01.standardchartered.co.in
cbspssit.standardchartered.co.in
cbspsuat.standardchartered.co.in
cbsappfs1.standardchartered.co.in
cbsappfs2.standardchartered.co.in
cbdodbfs2.standardchartered.co.in

All the servers are live except cbdodbfs2.standardchartered.co.in as we have shutdown this lpar.

Please suggest me a script which will tell that "cbdodbfs2.standardchartered.co.in" is not alive and the rest are alive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Script to ping servers in a file

I would like to ping a list of servers in a text file. Can anyone help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gbarkhor
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to ping servers

Hi , I would like to automate a script to ping all the unix servers perodically thru cronjob. Is there any script out there? If so Please give me. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot ping by hostname

Hi All, My current setup is: 1x Windows Server (Windows 2000 server) 1x Unix Server 2x Windows machine 3x Unix Terminals (Hostnames = A, B and C) Problem The problem iam having is Unix terminal C cannot be ping across by Unix terminal A or B or Unix server by using the hostname. Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlee
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

5. AIX

Ping by hostname

Hello everyone I have a partition with a problem with ping. If I do a ping by ip for example ping 1.1.1.1 I got no problem but If I ping by hostname for example ping partition1 take almost a minute to respond me. I have Aix 5.3 and I have another 19 partitions with no problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping by hostname not working

anyone ever seen this problem: I can ping the server by IP address but I can't by hostname. nslookup is working and dns query is ok. # nslookup mwxnsb24 Server: 10.11.49.206 Address: 10.11.49.206#53 Name: mwxnsb24 Address: 10.10.58.175 # ping... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Ping Servers

Hey, It's me again! Still trying to learn to become a better scripter on the job :) New challenge for assistance, if anyone cares to help, and its two parted! First part, I wanted to create a script at work that would ping a server that was supplied in an argument, then a count (amount of times)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping script to list of servers

Hi Friends, I have experience in redhat/ Ubuntu OS, but I am very new to solaries os. my servers OS is Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86. I have a file contains 200 servers IPs one by one. now I want a script to chaeck which IPs are pinging, not pingning. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping multiple servers

Hi I did the following script to ping multiple servers, but I keep on receiveing duplicate emails for one server that is down: #!/bin/bash date cat /var/tmp/servers.list | while read output do ping -c 1 "$output" > /dev/null if ; then echo "node $output is up" else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
DANTED(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DANTED(8)

NAME
danted - network proxyserver SYNOPSIS
danted [-DLVdhnv] [-N number] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
Dante implements the socks standard and can function as a firewall between networks. Dante relays TCP and UDP both from outside the network and in, and from inside and out. The options are as follows: -D Dante will detach from the controlling terminal and run in the background as a system daemon. -L Displays the license Dante comes under. -Nnumber Dante will fork of number copies of itself when starting. Can be used for very busy servers. -V Verifies config file and exits. -d Enables debugging. -ffile Dante will read its configuration from file. -h Shows the currently valid options. -n Disables TCP keep-alive messages. Normally Dante enables TCP keep-alive messages so that connections from machines that have crashed or for other reasons no longer can be reached time out. -v Displays Dante version. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR Use TMPDIR for temporary files. Since Dante uses lockfiles it is recommended that TMPDIR be set to a (local) filesystem with low latency. FILES
/etc/danted.conf Dante server configuration file. AUTHORS
For Inferno Nettverk A/S, Norway: Michael Shuldman <michaels@inet.no>: Design and implementation. Karl-Andre' Skevik <karls@inet.no>: Autoconf and porting. SEE ALSO
dante.conf(5) danted.conf(5) Information about new releases and other related issues can be found on the Dante WWW home page at http://www.inet.no/dante. BUGS
See the accompanying BUGS file. New ones should be reported to dante-bugs@inet.no. Feb 17, 2001 DANTED(8)