Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn Script to connect and query oracle database Post 302586984 by methyl on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 08:59:59 PM
Old 01-03-2012
First impressions (without detailed look).
Quote:
$DSS_USER/$DSS_PWD
Neither of these variables are set anywhere in the script. This could cause your login error.

Quote:
EOF`
Should be two lines:
Quote:
EOF
'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to COnnect to Oracle database from UNIX Box

I am trying to connect to Oracle Databse from UNIX box using sqlplus command. But i get sqplus not found message. $ sqlplus sqlplus: not found I have searched in forums and all are suggesting to set environment varaibles...can somebody tell me what variables to set and how to set.and the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect with oracle database using unix...

Hi all I am working in datawarehouse project and use DB2 database . shell scripting is written to connect with DB2 database in my application but i dont know how to connect with oracle databse or other databases.Is there any command in unix to connect any of these datbases? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different way to connect to database ans execute sql query

Hi Friends, I am using AIX version and sqlplus to connect to database while writing a shell script. I have implemented three ways to connect to database : 1) sqlplus -s <USERNAME>/<PASSWORD> <<! @<SQL FILE TO EXECUTE> exit ! 2) sqlplus -s <USERNAME>/<PASSWORD> <<! -----sql statemenets... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
6 Replies

5. Programming

Oracle Database Query

How can i modify the below to search for the things i'm looking for during a certain time frame? select Node, NodeAlias, Summary, Tally, AlertKey, AlertGroup, Manager, Agent from mrtg_alerts where LastOccurrence > '5-Dec-2010' order by Manager desc; In this particular case, this query is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle database

could someone please help me in shell scripting. i want to connect to oracle database which is on remote sever. requirement: 1 want to check files in source directory if file exist then a execute a corresponding batch jobs on unix sever and fetch data from oracle database which is on remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refi123
2 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)