Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Manipulation of a list
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Manipulation of a list Post 302586948 by Just Ice on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 06:20:16 PM
Old 01-03-2012
Code:
awk -F"-" '{OFS="-"; print $1,$2,$3,$4,$6,$7}' $listfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi, I am trying to manipulate a file that looks something like below: ! 7788 |778855 |SCOTT | ! 7782 |778223 |CLARK | ! 7902 |790245 |FORD | ! 7698 |7698455 |BLAKE | ! 7934 |79345767 |MILLER | ! 7844 |784 |TURNER |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

manipulation

hi, i have got a table with n number of rows and 2 columns..how can i get get 1 row at a time using any unix command without copying to any file? Thanks and Regards vivek.s (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract 100 from first field in long list? Simple manipulation?

It sounds so easy to do. I have a file thats laid out like this.. number text text text text (etc about 15 times with various text fields) I want to take the first field, "number", subtract 100 from it, and then put it back in the file. a simple little manipulation of the first field in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I need to achieve the following.....I seached the forum but could not find it... This is I have in a file... "CH","TIA","10/27/2006",000590 I need the date in the third field to be attached to fileas 20061027_test.txt How do I do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a list @list by space delimiter so i can access it by using $list[0 ..1..2]

EDIT : This is for perl @data2 = grep(/$data/, @list_now); This gives me @data2 as Printing data2 11 testzone1 running /zones/testzone1 ***-*****-****-*****-***** native shared But I really cant access data2 by its individual elements. $data2 is the entire list, while $data,2,3...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data Manipulation

Hello I am currently having problems in mapulating a certain file which contains vaious data. Belos is a sample content Event=<3190> Client IP=<151.111.11.143> DNS=<abc.sbc.com> TransCount=<139> Client IP=<150.222.133.163> DNS=<xyz.yuu.com> TransCount=<3734> Event=<3120> Client... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with file manipulation

Dear All, I have a question. So for the following sample file I would like to collect information about entries in $F, $F & $F so as to acheive the following output as shown below SK1.chr01 854 levure5 A G 225 . ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Hi, My requirement is that ,i need to generate data file consisting of very high number of transactions. I need to take the header for the file containing pipe delimited columns from a different file(Header.txt containing headers for different formats).Please help me in this regard. Also for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krashraj
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation.

If a have a variable with a first and last name. and say the variable looks like this... FIRST LAST how could process the variable to look like First .L bash 3.2 (osx) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)